H6 battery is the replacement for the fit on the TLC ??

I feel I have to say for those not in the know... but these "super capacitor"devices are yet another phantom always present constant current draw on the battery, albeit small. I don't think permanently connecting them to the battery is an improvement, it will actually decrease the amount of time your truck can sit unused before the battery voltage drops to worrisome levels... Sure keep them onboard for if/when you need them but having them permanently attached I feel is actually a reliability downgrade... My comment does not apply to monitoring charge in/out devices, only to this style of "combo" monitoring/jumpstart device... Those capacitor based devices are awesome if properly designed but nothing is free and there is no real benefit to having them permanently attached. If/when your battery gets low, attach them, wait a suitable amount of time and then use them to "jump" the truck.
I’ve often wondered the exact same thing..
 
I’ve often wondered the exact same thing..
Partly the reason I opted for a semi permanent (connects with a 12v two prong plug) trickle charger and a "bring along" jump box. Additionally I installed a "el-cheapo" digital voltage meter that's only active when I press the button.
 
Those capacitor based devices are awesome if properly designed but nothing is free and there is no real benefit to having them permanently attached. If/when your battery gets low, attach them, wait a suitable amount of time and then use them to "jump" the truck.
Ancel (if you believe their stats) shows only a 3 milliamp current draw for the BS200 (for example), compared to a video camera that will draw 200 milliamps parked. If you have to chase down every last milliamp of draw, there might be other electrical issues :unsure:
 
Partly the reason I opted for a semi permanent (connects with a 12v two prong plug) trickle charger and a "bring along" jump box.
And why I copied your thinking and did the exact same thing because you did 😆
 
I feel I have to say for those not in the know... but these "super capacitor"devices are yet another phantom always present constant current draw on the battery, albeit small. I don't think permanently connecting them to the battery is an improvement, it will actually decrease the amount of time your truck can sit unused before the battery voltage drops to worrisome levels... Sure keep them onboard for if/when you need them but having them permanently attached I feel is actually a reliability downgrade... My comment does not apply to monitoring charge in/out devices, only to this style of "combo" monitoring/jumpstart device... Those capacitor based devices are awesome if properly designed but nothing is free and there is no real benefit to having them permanently attached. If/when your battery gets low, attach them, wait a suitable amount of time and then use them to "jump" the truck.
Accurate comment on battery micro current draw
 
Partly the reason I opted for a semi permanent (connects with a 12v two prong plug) trickle charger and a "bring along" jump box. Additionally I installed a "el-cheapo" digital voltage meter that's only active when I press the button.

I am a slow adopter (aka slow learner), and plan on installing a Noco charger pigtail when I change out my battery. My charger is the 10A version, and Toyota states that is too much for the OEM battery. I already had a jump box before I had a Land Cruiser, so at least there is that 😆
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom