Hello y'all. New to the Toyota World. Been offorading on Jeeps for a while and it was always a normal thing to either run in 4hi or even 2wd through must easy to moderate trails, and never had a tranny temp issue. With that said, just exchanged the Jeep for a LC250 and to my surprise, the fisrt run to an easy trail the tranny overheated in regular drive. Did an overlanding Trip as well and evrytime a constant uphil (maybe 9 to 15 degree incline) the tranny will start sgooting up. So it seems I am having the same issue. Though if I change to manual and just shift between 1st and 2nd it does ok. Have not contacted the dealership yet. Is this normal for Toyotas? Please help as I am starting to now doubt the whole reason I changed to Toyota.
Jeep had a JeepCares in all Forums that will respond to issues like this, does Toyota have anything similar?