Complete Sound Deadening Project

Passenger rear door complete. Time to tackle the driver side.

IMG_4881.webp

IMG_4891.webp
 
Are you going to be doing the roof as well? This is the only area I haven’t done yet myself. I know it will be a job which is why I never started it.
 
Just completed the dB test, before & after sound deadening all the doors and rear lift gate.

I’m going to tell you here before I post the next video on my channel since you guys have been so patient.

The dB levels dropped -1.8dB bringing the total measured level to 65.3 dB. It was previously 67.1 after doing the hood & fenders, and 79.2 at the start of all this.
 
Oh yea, the audio quality has improved immensely. I’m driving around the city at volume 5 and highway at volume 10. It’s plenty loud at those settings with the JBL package.
 
FYI one of the 5 clips for the fender liner cannot be removed on the 26 LC. I’m not sure if they made a small change but I can’t access the squeeze clips. I know you were able to remove all 5 somehow from your video but no clue how I’d access the back. Planning to just screw the bolt over the liner and it should be fine.

IMG_2658.webp
 
FYI one of the 5 clips for the fender liner cannot be removed on the 26 LC. I’m not sure if they made a small change but I can’t access the squeeze clips. I know you were able to remove all 5 somehow from your video but no clue how I’d access the back. Planning to just screw the bolt over the liner and it should be fine.

View attachment 63504
Bummer! Worst case, drill it out and install a new one after the liner is back on.
 
Props to you Gio on the amount of work that goes into this. I did 80% of what you did on the front 2 doors and I was wiped. Also tired of scraping my hands on the bare metal constantly. Planning to do the rear hatch this weekend with some light mods…
 
Thank you! It is super time consuming and tiring for sure, but the end results are totally worth it.

I’m now working up the courage to start disassembling the entire interior. I think I may take a few days off work to knock it all out in one shot.
 
Thank you! It is super time consuming and tiring for sure, but the end results are totally worth it.

I’m now working up the courage to start disassembling the entire interior. I think I may take a few days off work to knock it all out in one shot.
I would suggest taking the next week off to take care of this, get the video edited, and uploaded! I am just about to start ordering materials following in your footsteps!
 
Just curious in all this. Did you look at LC Peak? Like the people passing you that make noise? Or different road types? I’m finding a 7db difference between asphalt and concrete.
 
No, mine wasn't super scientific. I used a decibel measuring app on my phone once i got up to speed and had my passenger hold it in between the passenger and driver around ear level. it gave me 64-66 while going around 70 mph on the highway. i measured again on street driving and i was around 50 db.
 
Just curious in all this. Did you look at LC Peak? Like the people passing you that make noise? Or different road types? I’m finding a 7db difference between asphalt and concrete.
Looking back on my tests the LC Peak stock was 106.4dB and now after a few phases of sound deadening it is 100.9db. All my tests are on concrete on the freeway.

No, mine wasn't super scientific. I used a decibel measuring app on my phone once i got up to speed and had my passenger hold it in between the passenger and driver around ear level. it gave me 64-66 while going around 70 mph on the highway. i measured again on street driving and i was around 50 db.
That’s how I do it, and I try to average 1.5 minute test time.
 
Hi Gio - I am going to start on sound deadening my truck this weekend. At the 17:20 mark in your video on the front doors you hook up the door lock switchs to test to make sure the remote unlock is still opening. How did you remove the switches from the interior door card? I could not figure it out when I replaced my windows with Lexus windows.
 
Hi Gio - I am going to start on sound deadening my truck this weekend. At the 17:20 mark in your video on the front doors you hook up the door lock switchs to test to make sure the remote unlock is still opening. How did you remove the switches from the interior door card? I could not figure it out when I replaced my windows with Lexus windows.
I popped the switches off from the inside of the door panel when the panel was off the door. It has to be off the door in order to release the prongs by hand. I don't think you can safely pop the switches out with the door panel on.
 
I've still been working up the courage to start the massive interior sound deadening project :LOL: but I have been doing some homework before I get started.

Found these photos of a well stripped down LC250 to see the inner structure and come up with a game plan...
067c1671404b451aa2d375db9a004ed5_hrs.webp
59423f5f102b417faa755a028666f9aa_hrs.webp
6dd761f4ad5342bc962baa19c6cd9e8d_hrs.webp
a29baa86062c4c4282b1098da1374843_hrs.webp
e6f46e50c5d2418bade484c4052d95b9_hrs.webp
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
M&R Automotive
Back
Top Bottom