Complete Sound Deadening Project

I bought this scanner specifically to disable/enable Active Noise Control (ANC).

I feel like ANC is just a bandaid for poor sound deadening from the factory. Turned it off and did a dB test on the freeway. It wasn’t any quieter or louder, but I did notice the audio sounded better.

At least now the speakers are pumping out pure audio instead of weird ANC frequencies.

IMG_6317.jpeg
IMG_6484.png
 
Carista can also turn off ANC. I have it disabled. Sounds exactly the same at freeway speeds, but better sound out of the premium stereo.

Everyone was saying the ESE also doesn’t do anything in our vehicles but I disagree; after turning it off I don’t hear any more turbo noises when giving it the beans.
 
I thought ANC didn't work on the LC but is an option there for the GX?
ANC is in the LC250. The illustration above is LC250 and I have the microphones 1,2,3 in mine.

Carista can also turn off ANC. I have it disabled. Sounds exactly the same at freeway speeds, but better sound out of the premium stereo.

Everyone was saying the ESE also doesn’t do anything in our vehicles but I disagree; after turning it off I don’t hear any more turbo noises when giving it the beans.
I don’t believe the ESE applies to the LC250. There are no schematics showing that system is on them. I turned it off along with the ANC and didn’t notice any difference with the engine noise.
 
ANC is in the LC250. The illustration above is LC250 and I have the microphones 1,2,3 in mine.


I don’t believe the ESE applies to the LC250. There are no schematics showing that system is on them. I turned it off along with the ANC and didn’t notice any difference with the engine noise.

Ah i was getting ESE and ANC confused from another thread
 
i'm down to around 64-65 db on the highway with the fenders, windshield, two front doors, and the GX 550 windows in. i haven't added the windshield strips quite yet but that's where i noticed most of the noise coming in on the highway.
Where you able to do your fenders without jacking the car up?
 
Thanks to @tacosupreme____ was able to do a big sound deadening project the past two weekends. All four doors and rear hatch are done. I used resonix cld and guardian (front) and second skin melamine foam panels (rear and hatch) on the door skins as well as resonix fibermat on the door card. My decibel reading at 75 mph dropped from 71.5 to 69. There was a big improvement in the stock stereo performance. Honestly someone who is not happy with the stock should start with deadening before switching components/speakers.

Edit: the other item I did was add the little rubber washers around the rear window as well as installed fiber mat around the window.

Next steps will be wheel wells, rear quarter panels, and possibly roof.

IMG_3207.jpegIMG_3202.jpegIMG_3154.jpegIMG_3155.jpegIMG_3153.jpegIMG_3152.jpegIMG_3203.jpegIMG_3208.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Right on! You went with some dense looking material! A 2.5 dB drop doesn't sound like much on paper, but that is a significant drop. Pair that with much better audio quality and the results are noticeable 👏
 
Anyone have a good method for removing these bastards?
I bought the replacement ones but I’m trying to remove the existing without fudging up the liner,
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3338.webp
    IMG_3338.webp
    441.9 KB · Views: 88
Is this a photo of the gender liner or hood cover?
It’s a photo of the underhood cover. They are the one-time use clips that get destroyed when you remove them. More info on the first post of this thread (y)
 
Use once.. I had to replace all of them when I replace Miss Daisy's gender liner.
already have the replacements in hand, now its how to remove them without destroying the liner
Is this a photo of the gender liner or hood cover?
Not sure what a “Gender Liner” is.
Wonder if it’s anything like Blueberry Waffles or (mystery comment that was edited for your safety)
 
Last edited:
already have the replacements in hand, now its how to remove them without destroying the liner
image.webp
This is what I used. I don’t remember where I got it, but I’ve seen them everywhere. Try NAPA or AutoZone, or Bezoars place..
 
Don’t google that..

You’re welcome..
Yes
Do not under any circumstances and definitely don't google it at work!
Perhaps I’ll edit my post lol

Ordered an Amazon kit, too be continued
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3346.webp
    IMG_3346.webp
    157 KB · Views: 87
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom