Head unit

bremaj

Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Messages
71
Media
27
Reaction score
43
Location
canada
Vehicles
24’ Landcruiser 1958
My head unit on 1958 randomly restarts mid drive, and my usbc phone connection is very finicky with any cable/phone I try makes audio have random static noises.

Dealer order me a new head unit, but nervous they are going to blame it all on my heat sonic amp once they goto replace it..

The problem started before I had amp installed so I know that wasn’t the cause.

Should I removed amp before I get it swapped? Can I install a warranty part myself? Anyone experience this?

Thanks
 
I would think they would reasonably be suspicious that the amp is contributing to the problem. At this point I probably wouldn’t mention it and just be ready to respond if they go that route.
 
I had an unrelated issue with the safety recall, but the head unit had to be replaced. I had the same concern going into it, but the dealer didn’t skip a beat (see what I did there)….and they hooked the Beat Sonic back up to the new head unit. The bonus is I now have that elusive sidebar menu on my CarPlay. Win-win!
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Canvasback
Back
Top Bottom