πŸ› οΈ What Have You Done To Your LC250 Today?

How have those CNC’d brackets held up? I was waiting for your long-term report to get on a possible bulk supply list.
Working great, not sure if I'll make anymore. Ever since this tarrif war, all manufacturing in America, some how, got more expensive.
 
Just got back from a 2,600 mile round trip to my mom's and back. Almost all interstate driving at 70 MPH, trip average was 20.4. Clicked over 5,000 on the odometer on the way back, so time to do the tire rotation and oil+filter change (the 3rd - I did one at 1,000 and the second at 2,500) - this got me on the "every 5,000 mile" schedule. I collected a sample for analysis and will compare the results to the previous two.

It seemed premature to me, but just out of curiosity I decided to change the fluids in the axles and the transfer case. The magnetic drain plugs had collected the usual metal dust, but there were no large debris particles. I'd heard comments about metal contamination on other Toyota trucks, particularly in rear axles, and wanted to make sure mine was clean.

The front axle contains a much lower volume of lubricant than the rear, so I expected it to be darker, and it was. The rear axle and transfer case lubricants were visually very clean and while they shifted darker than new, it wasn't by much. Based on my observations, this lubricant change was unnecessary. I'll repeat all this at 30,000 miles and get on the normal schedule.
 
DanPauls - Nothing wrong w/ fresh fluid! Break in is important.

Everyone continues to focus on mileage & time, but I focus on the how my vehicle was used. We tow & do high speed driving in high heat, so in my mind that’s severe duty, & correspondingly It changes my service interval. Same for if someone muds, rock climbs or uses 4Lo quite often, you might want to service @ an earlier interval.

The maintenance time & miles is there for a reason for normal driving. I’d only be guessing that maybe 5-10% of the LC owner universe put their vehicle under conditions as to need to do different service timing than what Toyota suggests.

Clean fresh fluids are cheap insurance for longevity.
 
Supporting Vendors View all β†’
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom