Plant of Manufacture

Nuke

Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 26, 2023
Rexburg, ID
Will the plant of manufacture make a difference? Of course all vehicles built in Japan have typically been of very high quality due to the workplace ethic. This said, some Land Cruisers will be built at the Tahara plant, and others at the Hino facility. All Lexus GX's will be built at Tahara. Ditto for 4Runner, and we know its impeccable quality. On the AutomotivePress YouTube channel he has high praise for the Tahara facility, but not so much so for Hino. Am I reading too much into this?

Will the plant of manufacture make a difference? Of course all vehicles built in Japan have typically been of very high quality due to the workplace ethic. This said, some Land Cruisers will be built at the Tahara plant, and others at the Hino facility. All Lexus GX's will be built at Tahara. Ditto for 4Runner, and we know its impeccable quality. On the AutomotivePress YouTube channel he has high praise for the Tahara facility, but not so much so for Hino. Am I reading too much into this?

I hadn't heard about this, so I dove into some research last night. Check out these videos on the Tahara plant:

My guess would be the LC 70 will come from Hino Hamura and the LC 250 will be manufactured at Tahara. I recall hearing on Youtube Hino is good at one-off production and may build the LC 250 first edition. 4runner production may have to wind down at Tahara before LC 250 production can replace that capacity, and it looks like the current generation 4runner will continue through 2024 and possibly 2025.

Back