Land Cruiser Made in Hamura Plant, Not Tahara???

Dr. M

📛 Founding Member
Aug 12, 2023
Minnesota
Vehicles
Genesis GV80 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
It appears from the window sticker below (posted by Solidbrix, one of our forum members) that first Land Cruiser, First Edition to hit the States was not made in the highly respected Tahara plant in Japan. Rather, “finally assembly” is at the Hamaru plant in Japan. I believe the FJ Cruiser was made there. It is owned by Toyota, but, not as highly acclaimed as the Tahara plant where most of the Lexus automobiles are manufactured. Does anyone have additional information or thoughts on this? Several respected reviewers had said the Toyota engineers were stating the LC would be made at Tahara. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1830.png
    IMG_1830.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6053.png
    IMG_6053.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
Wow, this is startling news! It was alleged by those supposedly in the know that the LC would be assembled at the Tahara and Hino plants. Now anxious to see more window stickers from the different trim levels, and even the GX 550.

Wow, this is startling news! It was alleged by the supposedly in the know that the LC would be assembled at the Tahara and Hino plants. Now anxious to see more window stickers from the different trim levels, and even the GX 550.
And, is it possible that the bulk of the LC is manufactured at Tahara and final options are done at Hamura (e.g., roof rack, rock rails)? There should be a portion of the window sticker that gives percentages for manufacturing.

Not that Wikipedia is the greatest source but they list Tahara and Hamura as building the Land Cruiser Prado.

Wow, this is startling news! It was alleged by those supposedly in the know that the LC would be assembled at the Tahara and Hino plants. Now anxious to see more window stickers from the different trim levels, and even the GX 550.
Hino Motors is the plant in Hamura.

Still waiting to hear from Engineer David who runs Automotive Press out of Canada. He stated at least two times in his videos that the chief engineer from Toyota said that Land Cruiser would be built at Tahara. Maybe it is both? But, still quite surprised (and disappointed) to see this first one being built other than Tahara.

Still waiting to hear from Engineer David who runs Automotive Press out of Canada. He stated at least two times in his videos that the chief engineer from Toyota said that Land Cruiser would be built at Tahara. Maybe it is both? But, still quite surprised (and disappointed) to see this first one being built other than Tahara.
Engineer or not, you can get that information right from Toyota. The 250 is made at both plants. This is straight from Toyota Hino Motors, Hamura & Toyota Motor Corp, Tahara

Engineer or not, you can get that information right from Toyota. The 250 is made at both plants. This is straight from Toyota Hino Motors, Hamura & Toyota Motor Corp, Tahara
That page on the Toyota website is from 2012. The Prado is not the 2024 LC 250 being released in the US. I guess we will all find out as they roll out of the port. Mine should be here in about 2-4 weeks.

That page on the Toyota website is from 2012. The Prado is not the 2024 LC 250 being released in the US. I guess we will all find out as they roll out of the port. Mine should be here in about 2-4 weeks.
You posted the picture that has the info your looking for. It says right on the window sticker it was made at the Hino plant.
This is going to be like the premium fuel post isn't it. There are several car review sights that have also said it is made at those two plants.

If I am not mistaken, the LC's sibling, the GX 550, will only be made in the Tahara plant. "Assembled" might be more correct, as the components are sourced worldwide.

Latest Discussions

Back