Firearms, Hunting, Shooting Sports

Hmmmm tough and lean. Wonder what a game lodge could do with a smoker and/or a pressure cooker.

Bet you could could smoke a mean brisket if there was enough fat.
 
A few others I scored last winter.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3661.webp
    IMG_3661.webp
    315.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3662.webp
    IMG_3662.webp
    491.7 KB · Views: 180
I shoot USPSA (IPSC for those outside the USA). Also some 3 gun matches when I have the time.
 
I collect. Have not been able to shoot a lot lately.
 
The doe I harvested last November. I use to put them inside the cargo area of 4Runner. With the battery of the lc making it a little higher and me getting older I carried around this carrier and loaded it on that. 1st one I hauled out with the cruiser.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3067.webp
    IMG_3067.webp
    145.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3066.webp
    IMG_3066.webp
    393.4 KB · Views: 165
The doe I harvested last November. I use to put them inside the cargo area of 4Runner. With the battery of the lc making it a little higher and me getting older I carried around this carrier and loaded it on that. 1st one I hauled out with the cruiser.
My plan to haul deer around too. I always put deer in the car before, but I never liked the idea. Too many ticks in my part of the world. This way I can keep ticks out of my car. I'll also be putting a tarp over the carrier so no one see's what it is. I hunt a lot of public land and I don't need people telling others when they see me pulling out of a spot with a nice buck.
 
My plan to haul deer around too. I always put deer in the car before, but I never liked the idea. Too many ticks in my part of the world. This way I can keep ticks out of my car. I'll also be putting a tarp over the carrier so no one see's what it is. I hunt a lot of public land and I don't need people telling others when they see me pulling out of a spot with a nice buck.
Fortunately that hitch carrier fits in my cargo area with the seats folded. I carry a tarp also but to keep dust and dirt off the deer. The jet sled helps also, and I use it as a drag. I also hunt public land but there is lots of elbow room up here.
 
Submitted on 5/29/2025 on a trust through ATF eForms. Approved today, 6/20/2025.

C.A.T. JL suppressor.

View attachment 40344
It’s definitely getting quicker these days! Recently I Purchased a DA Sierra5 and filed paperwork on Friday, got a text from the store the next day tax stamp approved and to come pick up. Sure beats the 1 year I waited for the Thunderbeast
 
Didn’t chronograph any reloads today, 4 rounds of factory Hornady 140gr ELD-M while I checked zero. Had to cone down .3 mil at 100 yards, but it’s about 50 degrees warmer than last session. Sped up about 50fps over last time.

Whacking steel at 200 yards the impact is almost louder than the muzzle report. I shot video but the site tells me the file is too large to post here.

My efforts at 800 and 870 were a bit more frustrating, wind picked up and the factory data I was using to dial elevation was off by about 1 mil. I was shooting over the target. Once I figured it out I got some impacts, but the wind was kicking my butt.
 
Taxidermist just sent these pics. This big boy dwarfs my other two mature leopards. The artists did a fantastic job. Delivery Tuesday.
 

Attachments

  • Studio Session-4266.webp
    Studio Session-4266.webp
    97.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Studio Session-4267.webp
    Studio Session-4267.webp
    97.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Studio Session-4272.webp
    Studio Session-4272.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Studio Session-4270.webp
    Studio Session-4270.webp
    117.3 KB · Views: 150
My buddy would be jealous. He’s taken all the big African game except a leopard.

Sneaky McMurder Hobo has eluded him every time.
 
My buddy would be jealous. He’s taken all the big African game except a leopard.

Sneaky McMurder Hobo has eluded him every time.
I hunted them 5-6 times without getting one and then got 3 in 4 trips. We have a guy now who hasn’t failed for a client in over 16 years.
 
Jumping in late on this thread. I hunt in the river swamps of lower Alabama. We have a tremendous array of wildlife. From deer and pigs to ducks, doves, and turkey. We have bears, fox squirrels, gopher tortoises, gators and even a huntable population of quail which is a big rarity down here.

I’m an old school gun guy. My main hunting weapon is an old German Drilling. It’s a side by side 16 gauge with a 7mm rimmed German round and a detachable Zeiss scope. This lets me walk the woods and jump shoot ducks, pigs, deer, whatever.

I love dove hunting and have a Browning Diana, Browning BSS, and my sweet shooting Beretta Silver pigeon.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3941.webp
    IMG_3941.webp
    210.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3942.webp
    IMG_3942.webp
    241.1 KB · Views: 127
Jumping in late on this thread. I hunt in the river swamps of lower Alabama. We have a tremendous array of wildlife. From deer and pigs to ducks, doves, and turkey. We have bears, fox squirrels, gopher tortoises, gators and even a huntable population of quail which is a big rarity down here.

I’m an old school gun guy. My main hunting weapon is an old German Drilling. It’s a side by side 16 gauge with a 7mm rimmed German round and a detachable Zeiss scope. This lets me walk the woods and jump shoot ducks, pigs, deer, whatever.

I love dove hunting and have a Browning Diana, Browning BSS, and my sweet shooting Beretta Silver pigeon.
Drillings are so cool
 
People may talk s* about Alabama, but we have an amazing outdoorsman’s paradise. I can catch redfish, flounder, speckled trout, bass, and blue cats within 10 yards of fishing the same bank. Being this far South, a 120 inch deer is a trophy for us. Our deer season is 4 months long with bow and rifle and gives me and my kids something to do all football season. Our turkeys are some of the hardest to hunt and Spring is a very special time here. Our camp is 4300 acres and it is surrounded by camps all twice the size or larger. Everyone practices good management skills. My father in law’s club butts up to ours and is 20,000 acres. We have to deal with river flooding and sometimes go in by boat. We hang limb lines during the high water and catch a mess of catfish on the way in and out. It’s a great place for an outdoorsmen to live.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom