Brakes overheating on Pikes Peak

That's worth investigating, thanks @k_mango !

I am definitely changing to higher temp fluid very soon at least. Need to school up on pads and rotors. I'm thinking pads minimally and larger diameter rotors sounds like a great way to improve heat dissipation
Please keep us posted.
 
That's worth investigating, thanks @k_mango !

I am definitely changing to higher temp fluid very soon at least. Need to school up on pads and rotors. I'm thinking pads minimally and larger diameter rotors sounds like a great way to improve heat dissipation
It is extremely important to be aware of the brake fluid viscosity for those in cold regions (yes another viscosity argument for landcruser). Toyota is likely using their brake fluid based on brake performance design in nominal conditions (and cost). If you're in a cold environment, you would need to use DOT 5.1 instead of 4. 5.1 is better over temperature extremes and compatible with 3 and 4. I have no experience with 4LV so wont opine. Check out this racing article where they mention rallying in cold temps. Site is good source of killing time and learning.
Btw, Never use DOT 5, is incompatible with 3,4, and 5.1
Screenshot_20260813_053028_Brave.webp

 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Rhino Rack
Back
Top Bottom