Another Transmission Post - UPDATED

Just an update on this- I had the software update done and honestly feel that my transmission is worse now. It somewhat fixed the harsh downshift but not enough to sacrifice what I loved about it before the update. It’s like a jittery ride now or something. Very strange. Maybe I’m crazy and imagining things but pretty bummed so might see if I can get the ECU Calibration rolled back to factory settings.
Ok my apologies but I just figured out after calling another dealership that the software update was never performed after they checked my VIN for me. Apparently it said that on my receipt which I missed (duh). It basically states “no TSB available for HARSH SHIFT and calibration is up-to-date.” My service advisor never went over my paperwork with me and never told me that they DID NOT perform the ECU software update so I assumed that they had. Apparently it doesn’t exist. As far as the jittery ride goes, they also rotated my tires and from what I’m reading online the tires are probably out of balance since they do not do balancing with rotation service as far as I know. I’m honestly relieved because hopefully I can get my truck back to where it was before I took it in. It wasn’t the transmission I was feeling but a subtle vibration due to tire imbalance. Lastly, after speaking with 2 Toyota service advisors I learned that once you get any kind of software update for ECU calibration, they cannot roll it back to factory settings. Just something to be aware of. Is this my diary? 😂
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom