Who is paying over MSRP?

Visited a dealer in SoCal today with an FE in Heritage Blue. Their buyer fell out. Went so I could see the color in person. They bragged about not doing any markup - BUT they had added nearly $20K in dealer items. Pretty color... but hard pass.
A dealer in SoCal valley area has $16.5k add onโ€™s for FE. I said good luck with the sale.

Hybrid has a battery where the third row would be. So unless they got their hands on a diesel from the european market...
Now the same dealer has two 2024 Landcruiser Hybrid iForce Max on sale
They added a 1958:

"Premium Options & Packages​

Cloth 3rd Row Seat
Adaptive Cruise Control......"

:oops: :oops: :oops:

No one can officially bring the Diesel version in US.

Now the same dealer has two 2024 Landcruiser Hybrid iForce Max on sale
They added a 1958:

"Premium Options & Packages​

Cloth 3rd Row Seat
Adaptive Cruise Control......"

:oops: :oops: :oops:

No one can officially bring the Diesel version in US.
Probably just bolted something like this in the back - $10k dealer add-on ๐Ÿ˜‚
IMG_6153.jpeg

Paying over MSRP to me is like me posting a sign on my back sayingโ€ hey I will pay you more than what that vehicle is worth so you can have a extra holiday with the family this year on my dime.โ€ No thanks. Not in this world. What was that old sayingโ€ฆ. Oh yes, โ€œ sucker born every minuteโ€

I have a deposit on one at MSRP. In a 50 mile radius of me (Central MD) there are about 12-13 Toyota dealers and most are charging a "market adjustment" of 5-10k and/or adding stuff like polymer coating. One dealer marked up a mid trim vehicle $30k!!! bringing their price to a cool $101,000

If you're in the SoCal area, contact Gabriel at Redlands Toyota. They had some add-ons but only about $2-3k worth of add-ons.

Did you see a window sticker for this vehicle ? I've never seen one :rolleyes:

A San Antonio dealer called me on Saturday and offered me their FE that showed up that day. They wanted a $20k ADM so I kindly declined.

Sorry if somebody posted this video before. Have a look. Some guys are ready to pay cash 125k.

Saw my first new LC in the wild this morning in Austin during my commute. Black first edition. Donโ€™t know where it was purchased. Was surprised at how small it is.

Saw my first new LC in the wild this morning in Austin during my commute. Black first edition. Donโ€™t know where it was purchased. Was surprised at how small it is.
I'm glad to hear they've made it to Texas! I'm anxious to see one out here in the Hill Country.

I'm glad to hear they've made it to Texas! I'm anxious to see one out here in the Hill Country.
I spoke with the sales manager at the Killeen dealership yesterday and he said they were still waiting on their one, Heritage Blue, FE to arrive, but he expected it any day. Gulf States seems to be a full month behind everywhere else, but some 1958s are popping up on smartpath in Houston now. My best guess is we have 1958s in June, Land Cruiser trim in July.

I spoke with the sales manager at the Killeen dealership yesterday and he said they were still waiting on their one, Heritage Blue, FE to arrive, but he expected it any day. Gulf States seems to be a full month behind everywhere else, but some 1958s are popping up on smartpath in Houston now. My best guess is we have 1958s in June, Land Cruiser trim in July.
Why the delay in trims? All 3 trims are being manufactured together.

Why the delay in trims? All 3 trims are being manufactured together.
I donโ€™t have any idea, just basing that on the order in which things seem to be turning up on Smartpath in Gulf States and then duration from that until they get to the dealerships. They got their first edition allocation middle of April. Itโ€™s going to arrive middle of May. 1958s are just now being allocated in the Gulf States area (based on Smartpath) and I am assuming a similar month delay before they arrive (could be less because fewer port installed things). Anyway, there are no Land Cruiser trims allocated in the Gulf States area right now, so assuming the month delay from allocation to delivery, I figure itโ€™s July before we see them on lots.

Back