Who is paying over MSRP?

This is going to be a short run for the 2024 model year. Wouldn't the 2025 model come out around November?

From what I have read, the 25's will be out next Spring.

The TASS which I service my Highlander with, during my last visit, the used car manager asked me if I am interested in selling my Highlander. I replied that it will be sold only to replace it with an LC knowing that this dealer is known for marking up and I won't be paying markup. I got a call from the same manager twice asking me that he has a Landcruiser FE with just over 13k Markup which I rejected.I guess it was a black or Meter Shover

Another dealer which I enquired about, they too mentioned that they have a LC Meteor Shower coming and was asking for 5k Markup.

A third dealer, this when I was trying to get into a queue during last October with a deposit. They mentioned that I will get priority if I am selling my old card while buying the LC. They agreed for no-markup. Some internet reviews say that they quote extremely low prices for the used car thereby keeping โ€œno-markupโ€.

My choice is for LC trim with dual tone with Trail dust or Heritage Blue. Since this will be my last enthusiastic gas car, I am planning to wait for the exact trim and color I want, else I am not buying. After that I am planning to go for an EV.

I am still waiting and in no hurry since my Highlander has run only 60k miles.

The TASS which I service my Highlander with, during my last visit, the used car manager asked me if I am interested in selling my Highlander. I replied that it will be sold only to replace it with an LC knowing that this dealer is known for marking up and I won't be paying markup. I got a call from the same manager twice asking me that he has a Landcruiser FE with just over 13k Markup which I rejected.I guess it was a black or Meter Shover

Another dealer which I enquired about, they too mentioned that they have a LC Meteor Shower coming and was asking for 5k Markup.

A third dealer, this when I was trying to get into a queue during last October with a deposit. They mentioned that I will get priority if I am selling my old card while buying the LC. They agreed for no-markup. Some internet reviews say that they quote extremely low prices for the used car thereby keeping โ€œno-markupโ€.

My choice is for LC trim with dual tone with Trail dust or Heritage Blue. Since this will be my last enthusiastic gas car, I am planning to wait for the exact trim and color I want, else I am not buying. After that I am planning to go for an EV.

I am still waiting and in no hurry since my Highlander has run only 60k miles.

These are all just stupid dealer games to try to make more money while they can. You have a good car now, wait a year or so for the market for these to cool down and you will do much better.

These are all just stupid dealer games to try to make more money while they can. You have a good car now, wait a year or so for the market for these to cool down and you will do much better.
My guess is it will cool down in less than a year, probably by end of the year.

They are stupid games. I found one that fit pretty much fit the list for me yesterday -it was available for a $10,500 mark up- whatโ€™s more sad is the guy seemed pleased with that number. I giggled & said thatโ€™s why itโ€™s available, good luck.

We bought ours on May 14th. No dealer markup. We did have to put a deposit on it and wait for it.

There are several Toyota dealerships in Oregon that have no haggle set prices.

Attachments

• IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    413.2 KB · Views: 109
We bought ours on May 14th. No dealer markup. We did have to put a deposit on it and wait for it.

There are several Toyota dealerships in Oregon that have no haggle set prices.
Nicely done, congrats!

I was just contacted on a First Edition and a Landcruiser Edition. The Landcruiser edition had the premium package and the 20" wheels, otherwise I would have bought it right now. MSRP

Interesting day on the LC FE front. I just got back home for 72 hours. On Weds I got a message from my dealer a black one arrived if I was in town. I said I wasn't as I was in Seattle going into a Rolling Stones concert. Got home yesterday and heard from Downtown Toyota in Oakland (providing dealership so people avoid as I will explain) that they had 4. After a few messages back and forth they knew I was coming in to buy and was willing to pay MSRP. I arrive and its the typical car dealer bs. The guy I spoke with isn't around and the 20 year old sales guy hands me a clipboard with a form for all my personal info and I should take a seat. I said I am not filling out anything unless there is a reason to and the sleazy fat sales comes out dishing attitude. I told him the same thing and he says nothing is in stock and they are pre-selling and not at MSRP. I said why did they waste my time and the sales manager comes out and I told him what I was looking for and would fill out info if there was a reason. He says what am I looking to pay. I said we discussed MSRP and he said that's not happening. I said why did you guys waste my time and was talking with another dealer for a few thousand over. He said go buy it there. I told him to go F himself and left. I bought my FJ at this dealer and it took 5 hours of negotiating until they were about to close on the last day of the quarter. Miserable buying experience and service dept even worse. I figured might as well swing by dealer I am waiting on the Meteor Shower FE. to see if they still had the black one that arrived Weds. It was there. Got to check it out and wow. They tried to get me to take it but I didn't want to buy today as I leave Monday for a week and then home 4 days and away for another month. What was interesting is this is the third one they were allocated. The first one which arrived 3/28 still at port as is the second black one they were allocated. Mine is number four and expected early to mid June. Did test out the stereo and it sounded really good.

Interesting day on the LC FE front. I just got back home for 72 hours. On Weds I got a message from my dealer a black one arrived if I was in town. I said I wasn't as I was in Seattle going into a Rolling Stones concert. Got home yesterday and heard from Downtown Toyota in Oakland (providing dealership so people avoid as I will explain) that they had 4. After a few messages back and forth they knew I was coming in to buy and was willing to pay MSRP. I arrive and its the typical car dealer bs. The guy I spoke with isn't around and the 20 year old sales guy hands me a clipboard with a form for all my personal info and I should take a seat. I said I am not filling out anything unless there is a reason to and the sleazy fat sales comes out dishing attitude. I told him the same thing and he says nothing is in stock and they are pre-selling and not at MSRP. I said why did they waste my time and the sales manager comes out and I told him what I was looking for and would fill out info if there was a reason. He says what am I looking to pay. I said we discussed MSRP and he said that's not happening. I said why did you guys waste my time and was talking with another dealer for a few thousand over. He said go buy it there. I told him to go F himself and left. I bought my FJ at this dealer and it took 5 hours of negotiating until they were about to close on the last day of the quarter. Miserable buying experience and service dept even worse. I figured might as well swing by dealer I am waiting on the Meteor Shower FE. to see if they still had the black one that arrived Weds. It was there. Got to check it out and wow. They tried to get me to take it but I didn't want to buy today as I leave Monday for a week and then home 4 days and away for another month. What was interesting is this is the third one they were allocated. The first one which arrived 3/28 still at port as is the second black one they were allocated. Mine is number four and expected early to mid June. Did test out the stereo and it sounded really good.
Bad business practices at Oakland Toyota for sure. Avoid at all cause.

I am seeing a lot of listing for LC not sold yet. Iโ€™m curious who is paying over MSRP for their 2024 LC, how much over and from which dealer? Of course Iโ€™m also curious who is paying MSRP and from which dealer?
My experience is that inventory lists are out of date and most incoming have already been sold. Most but not all of the dealers in my area (DC Metro) are doing a market adjustment and/or adding useless options. But MSRP can be found. I have a deposit on an LC trim at full MSRP with no add ons. Expand your radius of search if you have the time. Dealers in less affluent areas seem more likely to not price gouge.

My experience is that inventory lists are out of date and most incoming have already been sold. Most but not all of the dealers in my area (DC Metro) are doing a market adjustment and/or adding useless options. But MSRP can be found. I have a deposit on an LC trim at full MSRP with no add ons. Expand your radius of search if you have the time. Dealers in less affluent areas seem more likely to not price gouge.
If they are even willing to sell to you. 2 hrs from me in the same state (TN) and they told me to pound sand, I am not in their market. They kindly referred me to the Toyota dealer in my town that has them at $20k over MSRP.

Back