Possible Purchase

austino

New member
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Vehicles
4runner
So my wife needs a new vehicle and one of the possibilities on her list is a 2027 Land Cruiser. I absolutely hate the Toyota buying process where you cannot just order the vehicle exactly the way you want it and wait 3/4 months and there it is. But we have a fifth generation 4Runner with 400 K miles on it as well as two previous Tacoma‘s so I was aware of the process before even starting it. We are not really looking to make the purchase to possibly December or January but just looking over what is available currently it seems that every local dealer that has anything in stock is one super loaded pushing the truck into the high 70s with so many things that we are not looking for.Just doing a online build, I was looking for a wind chill pearl with java softex. I also didn’t want the SDM option, but it basically looks like I have no choice on that one? Also, the premium interior option has a lot of items that we would not use anyway so I want to delete that as well. I also didn’t want any of the Toyota add-on protection packages, which seem to be on every local vehicle for sale. Those alone can add another 2K. Couple of questions. For those that went with a softex instead of the leather any regrets? I have seen a few write ups from people saying they actually liked it better than the leather because of durability, etc.. Also, any regrets from anyone that did not go with a premium interior package? I do want to replace the tires with the 18” Nitto Terra Grapplers which I see is a port option in the southeast. As far as trying to locate a simple vehicle like my build, I just today used AI and they were able to locate 4 to 5 very similar builds coming in the next month or two. They are not coming in locally but within states close by. Has anyone gone that route as far as trying to locate vehicles this way and getting in touch with those dealerships? Lastly, what should I be looking at as far as a good percentage off MSRP? Thanks so much for any information you guys can provide.
 
Welcome to the Jungle!
I went with a 1st Edition.....no regrets.
I initially reserved one in another state, but found one 2.5 hours away and purchased that one. I would inquire about extended warranties and if they would be honored at your local dealership. Not so much if the work would be done, but there have been a couple of posts that said they couldn't buy an out of state extended warranty for a vehicle that wasn't staying in that state (or something like that). Seems dumb to me but that's the jist of what was posted.
 
Sounds like you will be after the Land Cruiser “Land Cruiser” version if you want Softex and don’t want the Premium or 1958 trim.

You may be better off working with a local high volume dealer and placing a deposit- the non-premium shows up more in some markets than others, and they may be able to get an allocation from another dealer if they aren’t anticipating any incoming vehicles with the preferred trim level. That might take one to three months, possibly longer if you’ll be holding out for one specific colour combo. Toyota seems to do them in batches and they show as incoming inventory.
 
Last edited:
I am in texas and I bought my LC250 from NY for 4,500 below MSRP (could have gotten better deal if not being impatient...Feb 2025) . Nice vaction to drive back home. Dealers were giving good discounts about 6/7 months ago but Toyota introduced 2027 model in april so the discount (from what I saw) went away. I would suggest look in the north east (new england , ny, PA etc). When I was searching for my vehicle dealers gave big discounts and no extra addons in that area.
Also I am thinking that before in 2025/2026(early) toyota was eating up the tariff costs and dealers were giving discounts but dont see that much now
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom