Production Number

Dark_Horse

📛 Founding Member
Mar 7, 2024
Texas
Vehicles
2019 4Runner
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, however as I was cleaning my windshield after driving home from picking it up, I’m guessing the number directly under the VIN# is the production number? Mine is 250, or is this just indicating it’s a Prado 250 model. I’ve never noticed a # under any of my previous Toyota vehicles.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, however as I was cleaning my windshield after driving home from picking it up, I’m guessing the number directly under the VIN# is the production number? Mine is 250.
The last several digits? If so, I believe you are correct. Also, my understand is RK is if it was manufactured in the Hino facility, R5 if in Tahara.

The last several digits? If so, I believe you are correct. Also, my understand is RK is if it was manufactured in the Hino facility, R5 if in Tahara.
There is a number directly under the VIN #string. I was wondering if that’s the production number of the car.
No, not the last several digits, this number is directly under the vin numbers. I also should have stated it’s a first edition LC.

I think the numbers in the VIN are the production numbers. They seem to be going up as more are delivered. That would be pretty awesome to have the 000250 VIN being it's a LC250.

Looks like the 'R' is the year, for 2024: Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN codes)/Toyota/VIN Codes - Wikibooks, open books for an open world

The next character is for the plant, 5 is Tahara and K shows up as Hamura, Japan (Hino Motors) in this list: Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN codes)/Toyota/VIN Codes - Wikibooks, open books for an open world

This table shows the last 6 digits as the sequential number, assuming that is production number: Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN codes)/Toyota/VIN Codes - Wikibooks, open books for an open world

Can't say this wiki is 100% correct, but everything seems to line up for my VIN.

Last edited:
This is the number I’m talking about, my vehicle is a FE.
IMG_0099.jpeg

Yes, I believe, but not sure, the Hamara plant is also referred to as the Hino facility. They must have, or still do, also produce the Hino truck there.
This is the number I’m talking about, my vehicle is a FE.View attachment 2461
Never noticed this before. On our 2021 Highlander it is 895. Some sort of a production code?

Yes, I believe, but not sure, the Hamara plant is also referred to as the Hino facility. They must have, or still do, also produce the Hino truck there.

Never noticed this before. On our 2021 Highlander it is 895. Some sort of a production code?
There is no Hino plant. It's the Hamara Plant. Hino Motors runs the plant. That's why sometimes people call it Hino. It's sometimes listed as Tokyo because it's on the outskirts of Tokyo.

There is no Hino plant. It's the Hamara Plant. Hino Motors runs the plant. That's why sometimes people call it Hino. It's sometimes listed as Tokyo because it's on the outskirts of Tokyo.
In any case, the LC's are assembled at both plants. I have not seen any rhyme or reason of a determining factor where a particular LC will be built. Allegedly the Tahara plant has the best reputation.

This is the number I’m talking about, my vehicle is a FE.View attachment 2461
Yours would be the 959th produced. Seeing how they are being delivered together, the other trims were also made at the same time so the first 5000 production numbers won't be all FE. I don't know the context of that 210. It's hard to tell even what it's on cropped like that. As far as I can tell, Toyota didn't do anything special as to number the FE's.

Yours would be the 959th produced. Seeing how they are being delivered together, the other trims were also made at the same time so the first 5000 production numbers won't be all FE. I don't know the context of that 210. It's hard to tell even what it's on cropped like that. As far as I can tell, Toyota didn't do anything special as to number the FE's.
Its directly under the VIN number on the windshield, just out of curiosity what number does your FE have? It's funny Toyota didn't give any indication of "number" for the FE's.

Its directly under the VIN number on the windshield, just out of curiosity what number does your FE have? It's funny Toyota didn't give any indication of "number" for the FE's.
My VIN is 189. I don’t have any other numbers on mine. It would be the 189th production model for 2024.

Then it defiantly has nothing to do with the FE numbers. You can't have the 165th produced and be the 574th FE.
I was just curious as to what that number may represent. Does the vin number have to be sequential to build? I'm sure they are producing various models and GX's as well, so maybe that is the production number for FE's.....

The production number is exactly that. The order they are produced. Not to say they won't get out of order slightly being built at two plants. Maybe a couple numbers off if one is finished at one plant before the sequential number ahead of it at another. There is now way the 165th production number is the 574th First edition.

Back