HATING the 2026 LC Suspension - Very busy & unsettled - Anyone else feel this way on this year?

So, when traveling with four passengers and a full cargo area it felt like my LC back was “bouncy”. Any suggestion other than they go on a diet…
 
So, when traveling with four passengers and a full cargo area it felt like my LC back was “bouncy”. Any suggestion other than they go on a diet…
Chris - Do you think w/ 4 people & the gear you were hauling you were getting out to the vehicle’s gross weight limit, or were you well below? Once a coil spring gets maxed out from weight they kinda give up as the tension wants to only rebound out from compression & the weight then drives it right back down. Shock is suppose to control. Do you have a bunch of miles on your ‘24?
 
Chris - Do you think w/ 4 people & the gear you were hauling you were getting out to the vehicle’s gross weight limit, or were you well below? Once a coil spring gets maxed out from weight they kinda give up as the tension wants to only rebound out from compression & the weight then drives it right back down. Shock is suppose to control. Do you have a bunch of miles on your ‘24?
Only 14k miles and is well under gross weight limit. Four airline carry on suitcases, groceries, nothing real heavy and four peeps. Just wondering if I need heavy duty rear shocks
 
My 2026 is rough as hell. I keep lowering the PSI cause it feels like the tires are chronically overinflated.. not sure how go fix it. the 2025 GX & LC I test drove didn’t have this issue ¯\(ツ)/¯
Welcome to the asylum.

Hmmm.. have you measured the air pressure?

I would definately bring it up to the selling dealer..
 
My 2026 seems a little jittery also over bumps and potholes. I had a 2021 4Runner that had Dobinson IMS struts/shocks and springs. They helped make it feel more sure footed. I put the Dr KDSS BOTCH track bar adjustment bracket on and that really made a difference. I am hoping something similar will do the same for the LC, but I don't want to go more than an 1-1 1/2" higher.
 
My 2026 is rough as hell. I keep lowering the PSI cause it feels like the tires are chronically overinflated.. not sure how go fix it. the 2025 GX & LC I test drove didn’t have this issue ¯\(ツ)/¯

Welcome to the asylum.

Hmmm.. have you measured the air pressure?

I would definately bring it up to the selling dealer..
I second that. Driving mine home from the dealership I was starting to second guess myself. All 5 tires were still at 55PSI! From what I've read they pump them up for shipping and clearly the dealer didn't change them.

Lowered mine to the stickered 33 and it's MUCH better.
 
Something to possibly check for someone who picks up their new ride and finds it rough, unsettled, harsh (after checking the tire pressure of course) is did the dealer miss the removal of the coil shipping spacers at PDI. I’ve not experienced it myself but have read about numerous cases across many brands.
 
I'm coming from a 2018 X5 50i and the ride quality to me is better in the LC. But then again handling isn't as good as the BMW. 2 different vehicles for different abilities. I was on my way to a big ticket. 80-85mph at times 125 passing on Interstates in SoCal Now keeping it to 72-73. I also had a 2018 Jeep GC Trail Hawk and the LC is a better ride to me.
 
Something to possibly check for someone who picks up their new ride and finds it rough, unsettled, harsh (after checking the tire pressure of course) is did the dealer miss the removal of the coil shipping spacers at PDI. I’ve not experienced it myself but have read about numerous cases across many brands.
Where are these spacers found on the springs
 
Something to possibly check for someone who picks up their new ride and finds it rough, unsettled, harsh (after checking the tire pressure of course) is did the dealer miss the removal of the coil shipping spacers at PDI. I’ve not experienced it myself but have read about numerous cases across many brands.
That makes sense and could be a thing on other makes, but this is the first time I've heard of that, so probably not a thing on Toyotas.
 
I remember years ago a C/D article where Import manufacturers used spring spacers on very low profile vehicles transported on ships - 370Z, GTR, Supra, etc - to increase ride height to make sure the lower valence components didn’t get impacted on ramps.
 
This forum is all over the place on the OP’s original issue. I read it again & don’t see any correlations in info as comments are all over the place. Seems 26MY has complaints of loose, bouncy & too firm of a ride. The posts with issues don’t seem to be consistent in providing basic vehicle information, or comments from following up w/ Toyota, or too many descriptions of specific dealer actions taken, & many were just new to the forum & now haven’t posted a reply in months (bots, real complaints?). If there is an issue let’s get to the bottom of it.

I’m going to suggest if you’re having issues, & want to help, or need help from the forum, provide some basic information that can be reviewed.
I don’t have the concern, but mine might look like this:

Model/Trim: LC Premium
Year: 2026
Stock Tires : No - Wildpeak A/T4W 275/60R20 115T
Stock Wheels: No - GX550 Premium+ 20x7.5”
Any suspension mods: Yes / 1” spacers
Stock Suspension: No / Westcott F/R Pre-load

Complaint - Yes / Firm ride
When did concern start: After dealer installed lift
What condition does complaint happen: Parking lot bumps

Dealer Repair Comments: Dealer aligned, test drove, no problem found.
Toyota Consumer Affair Comments: No/
What have you tried to cure the issue: Lowered tire air pressure to 37#
What are you doing next: Asking forum for ideas
 
That makes sense and could be a thing on other makes, but this is the first time I've heard of that, so probably not a thing on Toyotas.
Looking a bit deeper I don’t think the LCs ship with coil spacers. Seems just the lower profile cars like GR8Santini mentioned, including Toyotas:
1778191655328.webp
 
This forum is all over the place on the OP’s original issue. I read it again & don’t see any correlations in info as comments are all over the place. Seems 26MY has complaints of loose, bouncy & too firm of a ride. The posts with issues don’t seem to be consistent in providing basic vehicle information, or comments from following up w/ Toyota, or too many descriptions of specific dealer actions taken, & many were just new to the forum & now haven’t posted a reply in months (bots, real complaints?). If there is an issue let’s get to the bottom of it.

I’m going to suggest if you’re having issues, & want to help, or need help from the forum, provide some basic information that can be reviewed.
I don’t have the concern, but mine might look like this:

Model/Trim: LC Premium
Year: 2026
Stock Tires : No - Wildpeak A/T4W 275/60R20 115T
Stock Wheels: No - GX550 Premium+ 20x7.5”
Any suspension mods: Yes / 1” spacers
Stock Suspension: No / Westcott F/R Pre-load

Complaint - Yes / Firm ride
When did concern start: After dealer installed lift
What condition does complaint happen: Parking lot bumps

Dealer Repair Comments: Dealer aligned, test drove, no problem found.
Toyota Consumer Affair Comments: No/
What have you tried to cure the issue: Lowered tire air pressure to 37#
What are you doing next: Asking forum for ideas
Sounds Legit..
 
Looking a bit deeper I don’t think the LCs ship with coil spacers. Seems just the lower profile cars like GR8Santini mentioned, including Toyotas: View attachment 66674
There is no such instruction in the Land Cruiser PDS.
 

Attachments

Found a kit that really tamed my occasional weird side-to-side ‘hop’ in the ride. Wasn’t a big deal, but this kit cured the concern.

Suggest you measure your rear link (Panhard rod). Measure the center of the drivers side Panhard mounting bolt to the ground, & do same on the passenger side mount. You want the panhard Rod (link) to be near a flat 180 degree angle for the best ride. Few degrees higher on the axle side is fine. But if you subtract the passenger height against the divers side height & difference is more than 1 1/2” you should consider Dr. KDSS B.O.T.C.K. kit. Sounds like these kits will be OE on the future Tundra Hammer & TRD Pro’s that come w/ level/lifts.

Installed mine today & made a great deal of difference. Took about 25 min. Lower the spare out of the way, loosen drivers side mount & disconnect passenger side completely. I tied the link to the passenger side rear spring w/ zip tie, then installed BOTCK bracket & cut zip & fitted link into place before tightening & using red loctite & torquing down. Got done and the Panhard rod link is nearly flat. The kit come in different colors, I did black to look as stock as possible, & with 275/60 spare you really can’t see it. Also come in a larger version bracket to correct for more aggressive lifts.

Speed bumps, undulations, rolling hills- especially w/ weight in the vehicle - ride now gets tamed. Wish I’d found this before now. Now w/ Westcott 2.5”/.75” level & 275/60R20 tires my LC Panhard rod went from 2.1” difference to 1/2”, and looks level.

IMG_1781.webp



IMG_1782.webp


IMG_1783.webp


 
Last edited:
Found a kit that really tamed my occasional weird side-to-side ‘hop’ in the ride. Wasn’t a big deal, but this kit cured the concern.

Suggest you measure your rear link (Panhard rod). Measure the center of the drivers side Panhard mounting bolt to the ground, & do same on the passenger side mount. You want the panhard Rod (link) to be near a flat 180 degree angle for the best ride. Few degrees higher on the axle side is fine. But if you subtract the passenger height against the divers side height & difference is more than 1 1/2” you should consider Dr. KDSS B.O.T.C.K. kit. Sounds like these kits will be OE on the future Tundra Hammer & TRD Pro’s that come w/ level/lifts.

Installed mine today & made a great deal of difference. Took about 25 min. Lower the spare out of the way, loosen drivers side mount & disconnect passenger side completely. I tied the link to the passenger side rear spring w/ zip tie, then installed BOTCK bracket & cut zip & fitted link into place before tightening & using red loctite & torquing down. Got done and the Panhard rod link is nearly flat. The kit come in different colors, I did black to look as stock as possible, & with 275/60 spare you really can’t see it. Also come in a larger version bracket to correct for more aggressive lifts.

Speed bumps, undulations, rolling hills- especially w/ weight in the vehicle - ride now gets tamed. Wish I’d found this before now. Now w/ Westcott 2.5”/.75” level & 275/60R20 tires my LC Panhard rod went from 2.1” difference to 1/2”, and looks level.

View attachment 69664


View attachment 69665

View attachment 69666

That angle looks sweeeet!

I'm not surprised it drives great!
 
Trying everything here and cannot stand the busy and unsettled feeling of this suspension. Does anyone else dislike it? The shocks don't dampen well. I am fine with feeling the cracks, but it should not vibrate 3-5 times after every tiny crack in the road. Ive had 3 different rim/tire combos (SL 20, 34" C and 34" E Load) - We have adjusted PSI, no change, in face the E rated tires feel better than the C rated because the C rated oscillated too much and accentuated the problem.


Really really bummed here since we paid nearly 80K for this car.1900 miles. Before you ask, yes I have owned many 4x4 trucks, both stock and modified etc. This suspension feels over


i have been in to Toyota 2x, even swapped tires to stock and comparing a 25 with my 26. I guess the struts are different part numbers in those years - the 2025 drove better than mine. I have been in twice and while the service manager was awesome and he felt what I was talking about - his Service partnerh he escalated to said there is nothing I can do if the shock is not broken or leaking.
Did you ever find a solution? I thought basically the same thing as you, mine’s a ‘27, but thought it was because I’ve been driving 3/4 ton trucks forever and thought the (much) shorter wheelbase was the problem. What I found was that all of the lane assist etc was fighting me, or maybe I was fighting it. I turned it all off and, tada, it feels much better.
 
I drive 2026 premium and I confirm the drive over street bumps are very harsh, I tried with different PSI on stock 265/60/20 tires and now running at 31psi and its still not good, sometimes I even feel/hear a clunk on the driver side like sway bar is touching somewhere or some components of the suspension is hitting somewhere, Asked service about it, they checked all bolts and said all good

I drove a rubicon with 2.5" kit and 35" MT tires and over the exact same bumps it drove way better actually and I am very surprised how this LC drives, I also drive a tesla model 3 over exact same bumps and it drives way better

something is not tuned correctly with the LC26 premium.. I started considering to move to AT tires with new rims like 18"

anybody made the change from 20" to 18 and felt significant improvement or its still the same more or less ?
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom