HATING the 2026 LC Suspension - Very busy & unsettled - Anyone else feel this way on this year?

OP with an update. I’ve now had it to Toyota 4x and contacted Toyota brand. What a waste of time.
1. if you even have different tires or rims you MUST swap before the dealership will even look at it.
2. Bigger tires exasterbate an issue that is already present, 34" shouldnt create them. I have toyo AT3. and they are 33.7" and Icon Recon SLX

At stock, I can still feel the vibrations, but of course it is less and it is cushioned by SL tires. The dealership compared it to another 2026 which also had the vibrations so they said "its normal" so Toyota brand declined my claim. They did say they felt it with the bigger tires on but stock it’s within spec.

A 3rd party shop said the shocks are valved wrong and it’s bouncing my rear axle. Toyota won’t look at a third party assessment as gospel, basically i'd have to get an attorney.

This really seems like a shitty batch of shocks on some of the 26. And now we have about 7 people on this thread confirming and the other set are saying theirs feels fine.
 
OP with an update. I’ve now had it to Toyota 4x and contacted Toyota brand. What a waste of time.
1. if you even have different tires or rims you MUST swap before the dealership will even look at it.
2. Bigger tires exasterbate an issue that is already present, 34" shouldnt create them. I have toyo AT3. and they are 33.7" and Icon Recon SLX

At stock, I can still feel the vibrations, but of course it is less and it is cushioned by SL tires. The dealership compared it to another 2026 which also had the vibrations so they said "its normal" so Toyota brand declined my claim. They did say they felt it with the bigger tires on but stock it’s within spec.

A 3rd party shop said the shocks are valved wrong and it’s bouncing my rear axle. Toyota won’t look at a third party assessment as gospel, basically i'd have to get an attorney.

This really seems like a shitty batch of shocks on some of the 26. And now we have about 7 people on this thread confirming and the other set are saying theirs feels fine.
I would be very hesitant to put any different wheels/tire sizes on any vehicle.
I’ve never heard of anyone who hasn’t had some sort of issue when they do this.
And this is the reason they drop in value if there are modifications.
 
I drive 2026 premium and I confirm the drive over street bumps are very harsh, I tried with different PSI on stock 265/60/20 tires and now running at 31psi and its still not good, sometimes I even feel/hear a clunk on the driver side like sway bar is touching somewhere or some components of the suspension is hitting somewhere, Asked service about it, they checked all bolts and said all good

I drove a rubicon with 2.5" kit and 35" MT tires and over the exact same bumps it drove way better actually and I am very surprised how this LC drives, I also drive a tesla model 3 over exact same bumps and it drives way better

something is not tuned correctly with the LC26 premium.. I started considering to move to AT tires with new rims like 18"

anybody made the change from 20" to 18 and felt significant improvement or its still the same more or less ?
When i went to 17" and 18" both it was more noticable, due to the weight of my tires and the C load and E load. Unless you keep car tires on it, i cant see it helping, its just a cushy annoying vibration.

Note - I felt this issue on pure stock.
Model/Trim: LC Premium
Year: 2026
Stock Tires : No - Toyo AT3 285/70/18 (33.7)
Stock Wheels: No - Icon Recon SLX
Any suspension mods: No
Stock Suspension: yes

Complaint - Repeat oscillation on cracks and bumps in the road. worse between 15-50mph. feels like a vibration, not the same as wheel balancing.
When did concern start: Immediately
What condition does complaint happen: Cracks in the road feel like driving on a washboard road.

Dealer Repair Comments: No problem found
Toyota Consumer Affair Comments: No - talked to brand, they declined anything
What have you tried to cure the issue: 3 sets wheels and tires, stock, C load, e load, done all pressures from 30 - 45.
What are you doing next: requesting a buy back, or selling it, or putting all aftermarket suspension on (just worried it could be a different issue and that doesnt fix it)


 
Last edited:
I would be very hesitant to put any different wheels/tire sizes on any vehicle.
I’ve never heard of anyone who hasn’t had some sort of issue when they do this.
And this is the reason they drop in value if there are modifications.
I've done it at least 10 times on other vehicle and actually never once had an issue. I keep the stock set for when I sell it as well so no issue with value.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom