Firearms, Hunting, Shooting Sports

Ridgeback makes good suppressors, but if hunting I would look at the braked suppressors of the Tenet limited line. They are quiet, short, and help reduce reticle movement if you care about follow-up shots. They have a size limit on barrel since they do go back very slightly over the barrel. For hunting, it should not matter - does matter for competition weight/size barrels.

I don't hunt, but do PRS. I have something along the lines of 20-30 suppressors - latest was a Abel Theorem L with a Recoil X added and it is astonishing how little movement it results in and is relatively quiet given the brake.

If for hunting you only care about size/weight and not follow up shots (or can rely on technique enough vs muzzle device) - Airlock makes phenomenal stuff (although they are frequently out of stock).

If you don't care about size or weight, then the CAT JL or the CAT BBK are the way to go for pure sound reduction.
TBAC stuff is good too, in an all around sort of way.
 
Ridgeback makes good suppressors, but if hunting I would look at the braked suppressors of the Tenet limited line. They are quiet, short, and help reduce reticle movement if you care about follow-up shots. They have a size limit on barrel since they do go back very slightly over the barrel. For hunting, it should not matter - does matter for competition weight/size barrels.

I don't hunt, but do PRS. I have something along the lines of 20-30 suppressors - latest was a Abel Theorem L with a Recoil X added and it is astonishing how little movement it results in and is relatively quiet given the brake.

If for hunting you only care about size/weight and not follow up shots (or can rely on technique enough vs muzzle device) - Airlock makes phenomenal stuff (although they are frequently out of stock).

If you don't care about size or weight, then the CAT JL or the CAT BBK are the way to go for pure sound reduction.
TBAC stuff is good too, in an all around sort of way.
^^^ mmm Jealous, can not legally own suppressors here in Delaware. All the dang leftists around here are afraid of all guns. Unless thier body guards are carying them.
 
^^^ mmm Jealous, can not legally own suppressors here in Delaware. All the dang leftists around here are afraid of all guns. Unless thier body guards are carying them.
Gun toting and gun voting leftist here. There are more of us than you may think, though your criticism is fair.
 
I canโ€™t wait until Dec. 1st to start night coyote hunting again!
 

Attachments

  • 0B8DE41C-FA94-41B0-B893-2A4439FF4D34.webp
    0B8DE41C-FA94-41B0-B893-2A4439FF4D34.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 42
A big elk - my understanding is if they donโ€™t appeal the suppressor ruling by this weekend- we can buy OTC.
I wish I could apply for a refund on my 1-2-3โ€ฆ. 21-22-23โ€ฆ ##, ##, ## $200 tax stamps. NFA=robbery.

I too am anxiously awaiting this. As good a time as any to see how effective a can can be on a 45-70 :sneaky:
 
I wish I could apply for a refund on my 1-2-3โ€ฆ. 21-22-23โ€ฆ ##, ##, ## $200 tax stamps. NFA=robbery.

I too am anxiously awaiting this. As good a time as any to see how effective a can can be on a 45-70 :sneaky:
Isnโ€™t this weekend the deadline for appeal ?
 
Isnโ€™t this weekend the deadline for appeal ?
Itโ€™s ambiguous, and probably not an immediate effect kind of thing. The district court stayed itโ€™s ruling on the 5th, for 7 days, for the feds to step in, but I havenโ€™t seen the ruling. The states that have laws is also something to consider. If your state relied solely on federal (NFA) statute it should be pretty quick I would think. My state (NC) has laws in place in addition to NFA barriers, so Iโ€™m sure it would take quite some time for the process to align with governance. Heck, until last year I still had to apply for a permit to purchase every single handgun I wanted to buy. Thank goodness my collection was already robust as a serviceman with TX being my permanent residence.
 
I wish I could apply for a refund on my 1-2-3โ€ฆ. 21-22-23โ€ฆ ##, ##, ## $200 tax stamps. NFA=robbery.

I too am anxiously awaiting this. As good a time as any to see how effective a can can be on a 45-70 :sneaky:
I donโ€™t want to think about how much I paid in tax stamps before they went zero fee. And I donโ€™t even mind the tax element as much as I do the restrictive nature of the NFA.
 
Supporting Vendors View all โ†’
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom