Car Camping in the LC250 Video

She does a nice job. And, we plan to camp in our LC FE. We have an Exped mattress that was initially designed for our Model Y Tesla. Should fit wonderfully in our new LC. Great video.

Oh - the contest is only for US residents 😢

If I'm reading this correctly, if you are camping inside the vehicle and you lock the vehicle using the door switches, the hybrid system should cycle on and off through the night and the 1 hour timer to shut off the hybrid system is disabled. Same if you lock the vehicle from the outside using the mechanical key. Lots of interesting use cases for the latter. Lose power at home and don't have a backup generator? The vehicle can be used as a backup generator. Wouldn't want to leave it in this mode for a really long time but in an emergency situation, I wonder how long a tank of gas could last cycling the hybrid system on and off...

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 9.18.30 PM.png

Last edited:
That’s the way I read it and would allow use of power outlets for fans/ lights and maybe heater? Can’t wait to try it

If I'm reading this correctly, if you are camping inside the vehicle and you lock the vehicle using the door switches, the hybrid system should cycle on and off through the night and the 1 hour timer to shut off the hybrid system is disabled. Same if you lock the vehicle from the outside using the mechanical key.

View attachment 2681
That's a nice feature for locking from the inside, for camping etc. What scenario makes sense where you lock with the mechanical key from the outside but want the hybrid system to stay on?

That's a nice feature for locking from the inside, for camping etc. What scenario makes sense where you lock with the mechanical key from the outside but want the hybrid system to stay on?
see my updated post. Could also see if you needed to leave a pet in the vehicle (wouldn't recommend it if it's really hot outside just in case the system shuts down) but there are a few use cases I can think of beyond just camping in the vehicle. Camping in a roof top tent or regular tent and you can have continuous power provided while you are outside the vehicle.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s experience with this. Wonder if the cooling system can be run on the hybrid with the engine kicking in every so often to charge it. I know Tesla has a “camping mode” that will run cooling all night. I wonder which outlets are active, inverter, etc.?

It goes without saying, but this is still gasoline so gotta make sure it's vented to avoid carbon monoxide issues.

Back