Adios amigos, goodbye friends…

LC58

Active member
Joined
Feb 14, 2025
Messages
50
Media
18
Reaction score
116
Location
Austin
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 1958
I’m out! Got a great deal and traded my LC in for a ‘27 F250 XL Off-road with the 35in Off-Road package (sleeper Tremor package). Couldn’t be a better dream truck for me…perfectly simple and plain with crazy off-roadability. Back in a full size heavy duty truck and it feels great. Not a dang thing was wrong with the LC, but we are purchasing an RV travel trailer as well as just spending more time managing the family ranches, and the current setup just wasn’t working.

A while back I posted about a perceived lack of fellow LC drivers giving the two finger off the wheel wave or anything and I kid you not, while driving to the Ford dealership today to seal the deal, a guy across the intersection from me driving a sweet 80’s series looked over and gave me a wave. I felt like that was a really cool way to go out. So, thanks everyone and take care!
 
Good luck with the Ford! Hey, it may well be a better choice than a Tundra with the problematic V35A.
 
How did that big accident impact your trade? Curious if scarcity minimized the diminishment.
 
How did that big accident impact your trade? Curious if scarcity minimized the diminishment.
Ah man, that was my wife’s cruiser, and it was totaled…. Mine had never been wrecked but it did have some brush pin-striping and a couple dents. Dealer didn’t seem to care or even see it in person til after the negotiations were made. It’s a small dealership in central Texas farm area. I even commented to my the manager that they may have a hard time selling a car like this in the country. He told me the owners family owns a Toyota dealership in California and that’s where they’re sending it. For anyone curious, I traded a ‘25 1958 with 19,800 miles and got $53k. Not bad for a year and a half of fun.
 
I’m out! Got a great deal and traded my LC in for a ‘27 F250 XL Off-road with the 35in Off-Road package (sleeper Tremor package). Couldn’t be a better dream truck for me…perfectly simple and plain with crazy off-roadability. Back in a full size heavy duty truck and it feels great. Not a dang thing was wrong with the LC, but we are purchasing an RV travel trailer as well as just spending more time managing the family ranches, and the current setup just wasn’t working.

A while back I posted about a perceived lack of fellow LC drivers giving the two finger off the wheel wave or anything and I kid you not, while driving to the Ford dealership today to seal the deal, a guy across the intersection from me driving a sweet 80’s series looked over and gave me a wave. I felt like that was a really cool way to go out. So, thanks everyone and take care!
I just joined like 5 mins ago but if you aren’t already head over to the FordTremor forum. Awesome bunch of folks over there. I’m a member there also as I still have my 2023 F350 Tremor but just picked up a 2027 1958 as my new daily driver. Enjoy the new Ford! Congrats
 
Bought my 1977 F150 extended cab in 1977, had some good time in it driving through Baja but sold it in 79 and have never looked back. Been a Toyota truck guy ever since. Love my Land Cruiser 58.
 
My 97 OBS 7.3L is part of our family, & more than a decade older than the kid! Still going strong, & an awesome tow rig.
Wish they still made them that way.

See you on the road LC58!
 
Have fun with the new rig...
Its always great to make changes.
 
Had a 2025 F150 Tremor with the 5.0. Great truck which I traded in on a F150 Raptor with the 37” tire package. It was an amazing truck but cartoonishly too wide and impractical for my needs. I traded that in on my 26 LC250 premium and was able to get the LC with money back from the dealer. Unfortunately I hated my LC and traded it in after 3 months.
The F150’s far surpassed the LC in build quality.
 
Had a 2025 F150 Tremor with the 5.0. Great truck which I traded in on a F150 Raptor with the 37” tire package. It was an amazing truck but cartoonishly too wide and impractical for my needs. I traded that in on my 26 LC250 premium and was able to get the LC with money back from the dealer. Unfortunately I hated my LC and traded it in after 3 months.
The F150’s far surpassed the LC in build quality.
Prepare for the hate your post is gonna receive (bunch of LC250 "elitists" here). When I traded my LC250 for a brand new Raptor 802a roughly a year ago, the members on here came at me with pitchforks after I shared my ownership experience of nine months and 9000 miles. For my family's needs, the Raptor is a perfect family hauler for long road trips etc. I use it as my daily driver, already at 12500 miles and the "Raptor" effect has not worn off yet. Parking is still a challenge though lol. I tried to upgrade to the 2026 Raptor R a few weeks ago but can't stomach the price difference and dealer ADM for essentially the same truck (interior, suspension) but just with a V8. In retrospect, should've started with the Raptor R. I have a few mods already for it (Swarfworks light mount with Baja LP9 Pros and Index Suspension top hats) and currently debating Stage 1 or Stage 2 from Goosetuned to keep me satisfied until we relocate to Scottsdale in the near future where I'll do a full build on this truck from SVC Offroad (mid-travel, bumpers, widened fenders etc) if it's not too bad underneath after two midwest winters. Or start fresh altogether with a new Raptor. The Raptor is definitely the best car/truck I've owned.
 
Prepare for the hate your post is gonna receive (bunch of LC250 "elitists" here). When I traded my LC250 for a brand new Raptor 802a roughly a year ago, the members on here came at me with pitchforks after I shared my ownership experience of nine months and 9000 miles. For my family's needs, the Raptor is a perfect family hauler for long road trips etc. I use it as my daily driver, already at 12500 miles and the "Raptor" effect has not worn off yet. Parking is still a challenge though lol. I tried to upgrade to the 2026 Raptor R a few weeks ago but can't stomach the price difference and dealer ADM for essentially the same truck (interior, suspension) but just with a V8. In retrospect, should've started with the Raptor R. I have a few mods already for it (Swarfworks light mount with Baja LP9 Pros and Index Suspension top hats) and currently debating Stage 1 or Stage 2 from Goosetuned to keep me satisfied until we relocate to Scottsdale in the near future where I'll do a full build on this truck from SVC Offroad (mid-travel, bumpers, widened fenders etc) if it's not too bad underneath after two midwest winters. Or start fresh altogether with a new Raptor. The Raptor is definitely the best car/truck I've owned.
I just went back to see how bad that was, because I remember the thread well. Read through it all just now. It was refreshing to be reminded that I responded to you with grace and well-wishes… yay me.

That was hardly a pitchfork wielding mob. I am kind of surprised it wasn’t worse given your statements of:

“… I felt like the Land Cruiser marque was more hype on the LC250 and felt like I was in a premium bigger 4Runner than the all mighty Land Cruiser that we all know and love growing up… I just did not feel like I was driving a $66,000 vehicle with the Toyota Land Cruiser heritage at the end of the day.”

I didn’t take offense, and I know most comments didn’t either. You had a couple with contrary opinions that you defended against, and thus perpetuated the negative dialogue. Your thread was also hijacked on different narratives early on. All-in-all, I would expect nothing less from a very long, articulate dismantling of the capability and character of the vehicle owned by the vast majority of members in the forum. Like I said then, I am happy you are happy. Don’t be a stranger. Don’t take the 4-5 ardent objections as the majority opinion, and don’t exaggerate their value in the reception and sendoff you received.
 
I’m out! Got a great deal and traded my LC in for a ‘27 F250 XL Off-road with the 35in Off-Road package (sleeper Tremor package). Couldn’t be a better dream truck for me…perfectly simple and plain with crazy off-roadability. Back in a full size heavy duty truck and it feels great. Not a dang thing was wrong with the LC, but we are purchasing an RV travel trailer as well as just spending more time managing the family ranches, and the current setup just wasn’t working.

A while back I posted about a perceived lack of fellow LC drivers giving the two finger off the wheel wave or anything and I kid you not, while driving to the Ford dealership today to seal the deal, a guy across the intersection from me driving a sweet 80’s series looked over and gave me a wave. I felt like that was a really cool way to go out. So, thanks everyone and take care!
Congrats on the trade to a truck that fits your use case better! An offroad F-250 sounds like a beast, and no doubt will be a superior dedicated towing truck. Simple and plain sounds perfect to me.

Happy tails to you, and I hope you’ll be back if the allure of a Land Cruiser ever bites again. So long, amigo!
 
Prepare for the hate your post is gonna receive (bunch of LC250 "elitists" here). When I traded my LC250 for a brand new Raptor 802a roughly a year ago, the members on here came at me with pitchforks after I shared my ownership experience of nine months and 9000 miles. For my family's needs, the Raptor is a perfect family hauler for long road trips etc. I use it as my daily driver, already at 12500 miles and the "Raptor" effect has not worn off yet. Parking is still a challenge though lol. I tried to upgrade to the 2026 Raptor R a few weeks ago but can't stomach the price difference and dealer ADM for essentially the same truck (interior, suspension) but just with a V8. In retrospect, should've started with the Raptor R. I have a few mods already for it (Swarfworks light mount with Baja LP9 Pros and Index Suspension top hats) and currently debating Stage 1 or Stage 2 from Goosetuned to keep me satisfied until we relocate to Scottsdale in the near future where I'll do a full build on this truck from SVC Offroad (mid-travel, bumpers, widened fenders etc) if it's not too bad underneath after two midwest winters. Or start fresh altogether with a new Raptor. The Raptor is definitely the best car/truck I've owned.
They’ve been coming after me for a while on here but I find it entertaining more than anything which is probably why I stick around. Some have been good though. DubDub is good people. Toyota Kool-Aid is a strong cocktail though for some.
 
They’ve been coming after me for a while on here but I find it entertaining more than anything which is probably why I stick around. Some have been good though. DubDub is good people. Toyota Kool-Aid is a strong cocktail though for some.
You had the ridiculous transmission issues, right? I may be misremembering because there were a couple of you bailing over that, and I can’t argue with that move. People’s opinions are based on their personal experience, which is why you won’t catch me in a new GM or CDJR product ever again, even though I’m a nepo with both and can walk on either lot and drive off below invoice without even having to negotiate.
 
I own a '23 F-350 Lariat 6.7 HO SRW Crew. I've owned and driven these since the 90s. Not a better tow vehicle and they're amazing when traveling great distances. Congratulations with your new purchase, I'm sure you will love it
 
You had the ridiculous transmission issues, right? I may be misremembering because there were a couple of you bailing over that, and I can’t argue with that move. People’s opinions are based on their personal experience, which is why you won’t catch me in a new GM or CDJR product ever again, even though I’m a nepo with both and can walk on either lot and drive off below invoice without even having to negotiate.
Yep transmission issues, among just other things I’m not going to put up with on a 70k Toyota.
 
I’m out! Got a great deal and traded my LC in for a ‘27 F250 XL Off-road with the 35in Off-Road package (sleeper Tremor package). Couldn’t be a better dream truck for me…perfectly simple and plain with crazy off-roadability. Back in a full size heavy duty truck and it feels great. Not a dang thing was wrong with the LC, but we are purchasing an RV travel trailer as well as just spending more time managing the family ranches, and the current setup just wasn’t working.

A while back I posted about a perceived lack of fellow LC drivers giving the two finger off the wheel wave or anything and I kid you not, while driving to the Ford dealership today to seal the deal, a guy across the intersection from me driving a sweet 80’s series looked over and gave me a wave. I felt like that was a really cool way to go out. So, thanks everyone and take care!
Congrats man. F250 makes sense with the trailer and the ranch work. Funny the wave showed up right at the end. Good luck with the new rig.
 
Prepare for the hate your post is gonna receive (bunch of LC250 "elitists" here). When I traded my LC250 for a brand new Raptor 802a roughly a year ago, the members on here came at me with pitchforks after I shared my ownership experience of nine months and 9000 miles. For my family's needs, the Raptor is a perfect family hauler for long road trips etc. I use it as my daily driver, already at 12500 miles and the "Raptor" effect has not worn off yet. Parking is still a challenge though lol. I tried to upgrade to the 2026 Raptor R a few weeks ago but can't stomach the price difference and dealer ADM for essentially the same truck (interior, suspension) but just with a V8. In retrospect, should've started with the Raptor R. I have a few mods already for it (Swarfworks light mount with Baja LP9 Pros and Index Suspension top hats) and currently debating Stage 1 or Stage 2 from Goosetuned to keep me satisfied until we relocate to Scottsdale in the near future where I'll do a full build on this truck from SVC Offroad (mid-travel, bumpers, widened fenders etc) if it's not too bad underneath after two midwest winters. Or start fresh altogether with a new Raptor. The Raptor is definitely the best car/truck I've owned.
A family member has a Raptor R, quite a capable vehicle.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom