Video with mechanic discussing hybrid powertrain?

Trailman

đź“› Founding Member
May 9, 2024
Kansas City
I think I watched a video of a mechanic going over the engine bay discussing repairability of the hybrid powertrain but I cannot find it any more searching YouTube or the forums. I was also researching another vehicle and wondering if I am mis-remembering which vehicle the video was detailing. Does anyone know of a video fitting the description of what I just described? I remember he was pretty positive on the changes and accessibility of the turbo and ability to work on the engine.

Thanks!

For sure the accessibility of the turbo is WAY better than on the twin-turbo V6 in the Lexus sibling. I recall seeing it also. Could have been on the CarCareNut YouTube channel...

For sure the accessibility of the turbo is WAY better than on the twin-turbo V6 in the Lexus sibling. I recall seeing it also. Could have been on the CarCareNut YouTube channel...
I do specifically remember it was a different mechanic than CarCareNut. Would be great for him to do a review of the Land Cruiser as well. He did one for the GX 550 and he said he still prefers the older model his wife drives due to fit and finish. Hopefully someone knows the video I'm describing and can link it. Would like to re-watch it again.

I think I watched a video of a mechanic going over the engine bay discussing repairability of the hybrid powertrain but I cannot find it any more searching YouTube or the forums. I was also researching another vehicle and wondering if I am mis-remembering which vehicle the video was detailing. Does anyone know of a video fitting the description of what I just described? I remember he was pretty positive on the changes and accessibility of the turbo and ability to work on the engine.

Thanks!
I don’t think this is what you’re referring to, but it is a good video discussing the operation of the new drivetrain.

It mentioned relays in the power-up sequence. It would seem to me solid-state devices would be more reliable. Hope these relays are individually replaceable, and not only available as part of a sub-assembly.

Thanks!
Is it this one? It's the only one I've seen discussing the parts and ease of maintenance.
Video.

As mentioned in the video, really surprised they went for a belt-driven water pump. Would have been so nice with zero belts. However, to replace it is probably cheaper than an electric. No alternator, a big plus. However, I do think it employs a starter, to be used on extremely cold days.

Back