Today’s sermon: If I Could Choose My Land Cruiser Again… Come forth and testify, brothers and sisters. We are listening.

Toyota nailed our vehicle and glad to see 99% of the whiners comparing the last gen bloated bird have gone away.
Never has a truer statement been uttered in the Land Cruiser world.

I'm a Land Cruiser lover through and through. However, the L200 was a bloated, poor performing, outdated, boring design with looks that not even a mother could love. Our new engine/drivetrains are ages above the L200.

I tried tried liking one many times. Even when my dealer was offering $10k - $15k off MSRP just to move one. I couldn't do it. I even tried talking my dad into buying a new one as he was a long-time Land Cruiser man as well.....and even he couldn't do it.

So, well done Toyota on the LC250. It's success continues onward and upward.
 
I tried tried liking one many times. Even when my dealer was offering $10k - $15k off MSRP just to move one.
I considered buying one. But just couldn’t pull the trigger at their price point. So I waited, and watched the entire car market for a couple of years. NOTHING ‘moved’ me..

When I bought Miss Daisy, my oldest son offered to sell me one of his 2021 (yes, he and his wife both drove them) for 65K. But the new LC design captivated me, so I spent 80K on the ‘24 FE.
 
Mine is a 1958, with no "mods" other a horn replacement and KO3s.

Wouldn't change a thing.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the fully-loaded premium package is tempting, a lot of options I'd "like to have", but none that I "need to have" (plus a few that I honestly don't want, like a sunroof or power liftgate)... and just as it was when I bought mine, I don't think I could justify spending that much more when the 1958 already makes me very happy.
 
Agree w/ you, @PDPete !
1958 w/ Toyo AT3 265 + leather seats = the Adventure car I'd been waiting for
Appreciate the Premium look, but fell in love w/ the heritage headlights and retro interior -- didn't want sunroof
Still need to swap out Predator steps for something different -- something between sliders & sidestep
 
I'm a Land Cruiser lover through and through. However, the L200 was a bloated, poor performing, outdated, boring design with looks that not even a mother could love.
It was. The quality level was easily apparent but a really unappealing vehicle. Whenever I see one, I feel sorry for the tires - they seem to have an enormous task holding that thing up.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom