Today’s sermon: If I Could Choose My Land Cruiser Again… Come forth and testify, brothers and sisters. We are listening.

Eboss

New member
Joined
Aug 30, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Dallas TX
Vehicles
2025 Toyota land cruiser
Alright, LC owners, random question 😜

If you had to buy your 2025 Land Cruiser all over again, would you make the exact same choice, or is there something you would do differently?

Could be the trim, color, wheels/tires, accessories, lift, roof setup, whatever.

I’ll start: I’d probably change a couple things, but I’m curious what everyone else would do differently after actually living with the truck for a while.

What’s one thing you love about your LC, and one thing you’d change?
 
I would have bought my wheels in +35 offset instead of 0. I’d buy my skid plate (or at least the Slee rad support bar) even faster doing it over again.

I’m too much of a fanboy to pick just one thing I love about the truck. I’d get rid of the coolbox and sunroof if I could.

Amen.
 
I would have bought my wheels in +35 offset instead of 0. I’d buy my skid plate (or at least the Slee rad support bar) even faster doing it over again.

I’m too much of a fanboy to pick just one thing I love about the truck. I’d get rid of the coolbox and sunroof if I could.

Amen.
😂 That’s a solid testimony, brother! The +35 offset is interesting though—I’ve seen a few people go that route. And I’m with you on the sunroof… looks cool until you realize how much headroom you gave up. 😂
Now you’ve got me curious: what made you want to get rid of the coolbox?
 
Wouldn't change a thing here.

I like the cool box, wish it was like the 80 series cool box on mine that is a full center console and can also make ice to boot! Now that would be cool!:cool:
 
😂 That’s a solid testimony, brother! The +35 offset is interesting though—I’ve seen a few people go that route. And I’m with you on the sunroof… looks cool until you realize how much headroom you gave up. 😂
Now you’ve got me curious: what made you want to get rid of the coolbox?
The coolbox is a nifty little feature, and I enjoy it every day. But I would take the increased storage capacity all day every day. I have things (such as larger L-shaped tools) that I would love to be able to slip in there!

Bad, I would be thrilled to have the cool box in a much larger size - this one is just so tiny!
 
Color. Went for a good deal rather than waiting for my first choice. Have WCP with black. Would have preferred Trail Dust with Java. Convert my cool box to hold extra gas.
 
Mines in a portable lock box or on person when it's brought along.

On person if I would think there may be a need for it, otherwise it would be too late in most cases.

I've only encountered that type of situation once in all my years. While shooting in the mountains in Idaho with my AR and P229 in a group 10 people and random crazy hiker with hunting hounds. I had to have my AR at the ready during the confrontation while the P229 was in CCW holster.

It was a pretty crazy encounter, but I think that's where my military training saved the day. Took a forceful and combative stance and used many colorful words to get him to get into his truck and drive off without incident. Needless to say, that ended our day in the mountains! This was less than 2 weeks after I retired no less!
 
My 2025 is satisfying in most ways. Could do without the luggage rack. As mentioned could use a bigger fuel tank if wishes came true...
 
(+) Styling is great at all angles - kinda rare these days. Take LC look all day long over GX550.

(-) Fuel tank size. If you ever tow you’ll understand. Feels like you have a baby w/ loaded diaper every 2 hrs - you have to stop!
What am I saying, I took the diaper off my LC.😊
 
Everything would remain the same for me except Id want 18" wheels instead of 20" and Id want underground color instead of black. Although that being said, I got a good deal on mine and would buy it again if I were to do it all over again.
 
I wouldn't change a thing. I still love my 2024 1958 just the way it is.
 
10/10 would buy it again. Love Heritage Blue and Greyscape. No major complaints and I plan to have it a long time.

Given a choice I would get the 18” wheels instead of 20”. Though it’s a great excuse to go with 17”.
I would like Toyota to make to gas tank 20 gallons so that when I fill up I could put in 18 instead of 14.5 gallons.
 
I'm kind of new to the team, 2 months and 2700ish miles on my 2027. So far, honestly wouldn't change anything. Now that the waiting is over, I'm glad I waited for the color combo I wanted (Heritage blue/Java) but I would have accepted one with the Grayscape roof if it had shown up earlier.

I chuckle at all the fuel range angst, after 14 years in an Xterra, a range of 270 was good in that truck, so the 350 or so I'm getting now seems huge. The Xterra gave me more range than my 2001 Taco too, so I guess it's all relative. The range will go down when I upgrade the tires shortly, but still, works for me. Going towards ski season now, but next spring I'll put some rotopax's on the roof when 4low season comes back around.

I could do without all the electronic nannies, but I'm learning to either disable or live with them.

So two months in, my wallet is much lighter, but I'm cancelling my R2 reservation - I still think this Landcruiser is the car the kids will have to take away from me someday.
 
-No OEM roof rack

-No cool box

-No dealer add-on oversized wheels/tires and associated hacking of other body components to fit them in.

OEM roof rack has shortcomings and is hard to work with. IMO, it more economical to get no roof rack and either A)enjoy the improved mileage/slightly quieter ride or B) purchase an aftermarket rack whose front/back aren't plastic, has equally spaced roof rails with all members present by default, and doesn't have angled sheet metal side covers.

I just don't use the cool box

It took me three months to dissect all the garbage the dealer did- mileage upon arrival was around 15.5 mpg, I now routinely am above 22. Mostly from reversing the crap they did, which did look cool.... at first.
 
If I could get a Premium with the 18" wheels it would have saved me a bunch of money for other mods but at least I have 5 spares now lol. The First Edition style roof rack would be ditched in favor of roof rails or naked might be nice. I'm sure later model LCs will have more color options that weren't available for the '25 like green or red that would be tempting. Will be really interesting to see what future powertrains will be offered.
 
Like mine the way it is!. Like the 20s for summer and I run 18s in winter. Best of both worlds. Love the cool box and use it. A fixed sunroof (glass) would be fine but not an option. It weould have been nice if the brown leather interior could be all brown......but not bad! Wish trip tick included mileage. A bit of a goofy setup. Wish I could set Regular cruise as default Wish they'd be more honest about the actual specs.....Matt wheels are OK, not great.......wish the roof crossbars forward back setup could be adjusted.....in other words, minor things that affect nothing.For the price, you get a lot!!!
I much prefer my hybrid powertrain to another thirsty V6TT.....doubt you can get 23 highway on a GX550 at 75-80 mph.......with fuel options to boot......right powertrain at right time.

Want to compare, watch savage geese review on the new BMW iX3...."disappointing at best". That is a brand in a nosedive from their "ultimate" mantra..........................Toyota nailed our vehicle and glad to see 99% of the whiners comparing the last gen bloated bird have gone away.
 
If I could get a Premium with the 18" wheels it would have saved me a bunch of money for other mods but at least I have 5 spares now lol. The First Edition style roof rack would be ditched in favor of roof rails or naked might be nice. I'm sure later model LCs will have more color options that weren't available for the '25 like green or red that would be tempting. Will be really interesting to see what future powertrains will be offered.
For sure, I love my blue but would have been seriously interested in the dark green that the Trail Hunter 4Runners have available.
 
For sure, I love my blue but would have been seriously interested in the dark green that the Trail Hunter 4Runners have available.
The Nori Green that our bow tie-wearing cousins get is beautiful also.

Nori:
1790881031330.webp


Everest:
1790881437630.webp
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Canvasback
Back
Top Bottom