SXTH Turbo Inlet leaking

drray81

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
38
Media
49
Reaction score
66
Location
Northern Virginia
Vehicles
26 LC250 1958 and 991.2 Turbo S
Has anyone had a chance to install their Sxth turbo inlet. I got mine installed today and since I did charge pipes and intercooler a while back I wanted to smoke test everything to make sure I didn’t have and leaks. Install went smoothly. No hiccups. I got the Sxth inlet installed and put on my smoke machine and not even 5 second of it running the Sxth inlet is leaking right around the where the metal flange meets the plastic pipe. I know the inlet side of the turbo is normally under vacuum but since this is after the maf I can’t imagine it’s supposed to leak? Anyone have any insights. I reached out to Sxth but being the weekend I likely won’t hear back until next week. I did install everything and drove it around. It drives fine and no lights. It’s dark and rainy so I didn’t get a chance to datalog it. But I’ll try and get a datalog tomorrow and send it to cam to see if he sees anything funny.
 
That sucks! Is the o-ring in the flange or possibly rolled and crushed or maybe slightly out of alignment with the holding part not in the groove?

I normally coat them dielectric grease (Rubber safe) to help hold them in place for whenever there is an o-ring and to help lubricate them and prevent rolling or damage to the o-ring during install. I assume this kit removes the turbo inlet housing and replaces it? Looks like the O-ring is more of a specialized o-ring with a holding tab to help keep it in place during install?

Turbo inlet gasket LC250.webp


Turbo LC250.webp
 
It’s not leaking between the turbo and turbo inlet flange. It leaking on the Sxth turbo inlet itself. Where the plastic tube meets the turbo inlet flange. I double checked the oring. But the smoke isn’t coming from where the O ring would be.
 
Can you show us on this view?

Notice in the 2nd pic on the flange it looks like there is a relief cut (@ the bottom of the flange) in the o-ring groove to the outside.
Not sure why, but it’s there for a reason.

IMG_1709.webp
IMG_1703.webp
 
Well either way it's not good, unmetered and unfiltered leak which will make it run leaner and ingest dirt directly onto the turbo compressor wheel.
 
Again the o ring is seated correctly. The inlet mates fine to the turbo. The issue seems to be the inlet itself. The inlet is made of a 3d printed plastic tube which is then bonded or somehow glued to the metal flange that holds the o ring. It seems the smoke coming from the plastic tube joining to the metal flange
 
The metal flange is attached to the plastic pipe by one hex bolt. The metal flange has a Machined ring where a rubber o ring sits. The one bolt just can’t apply enough clamping pressure to create an air tight seal. Also the end of molded plastic pipe then mating to a perfectly flat flange is just impossible unless the molded plastic is machined post production. Really poor design IMO. Buyer beware. Went back to the OEM for now. Waiting to see what Sxth says. Just can’t be good to have unmetered air post maf but pre turbo entering the system.
IMG_8935.webp
 
Last edited:
Supporting Vendors View all →
Canvasback
Back
Top Bottom