Plomor LC250——Wide Body Fender Flares

It looks to me the brand mostly focuses on cosmetics, but I’m hopeful for t3 they have good functionality as well!
We must use it to see how it works… Plain argument without fact will go no where
1/ Main reason I spend >$500: looks muscular/ aggressive (wider body overall, elegant / follow the OEM design profiles) as off-road appearance and real use for my rig. Also, hope and believe that still work as debris/ muds spreading on 2 side of body and damaged the paint by small rocks. No guaranteed but high hope
2/ ready plan for worse scenario: not 100% blocked debris/ stuffs. I still have a “solution” for it. Will see 😜
It’s all about personal choice. Over $500 is not cheap, but per initial inspection, the material is great.
With this 45-49mm flares, I can have up to +20mm offset wheel (currently +30-35mm) / more wider stand if needed in “near” future
I am not trying to convince anything. Just my very personal thoughts to share

Cannot install them today. Need to fulfill my priority duty for my “boss at home” 😆
 
We must use it to see how it works… Plain argument without fact will go no where
1/ Main reason I spend >$500: looks muscular/ aggressive (wider body overall, elegant / follow the OEM design profiles) as off-road appearance and real use for my rig. Also, hope and believe that still work as debris/ muds spreading on 2 side of body and damaged the paint by small rocks. No guaranteed but high hope
2/ ready plan for worse scenario: not 100% blocked debris/ stuffs. I still have a “solution” for it. Will see 😜
It’s all about personal choice. Over $500 is not cheap, but per initial inspection, the material is great.
With this 45-49mm flares, I can have up to +20mm offset wheel (currently +30-35mm) / more wider stand if needed in “near” future
I am not trying to convince anything. Just my very personal thoughts to share

Cannot install them today. Need to fulfill my priority duty for my “boss “
I don’t have to test those flares to know they aren’t going to block the majority of debris vs stock flares because they aren’t any bigger on the back half of the wheel arch.

Will they reduce directly upward flung debris? Sure.

Do they look better/more aggressive? That’s a personal decision.

My point is, if you like how they look, go for it, but from a functional standpoint at least be objective about it so you aren’t disappointed.
 
We must use it to see how it works… Plain argument without fact will go no where
1/ Main reason I spend >$500: looks muscular/ aggressive (wider body overall, elegant / follow the OEM design profiles) as off-road appearance and real use for my rig. Also, hope and believe that still work as debris/ muds spreading on 2 side of body and damaged the paint by small rocks. No guaranteed but high hope
2/ ready plan for worse scenario: not 100% blocked debris/ stuffs. I still have a “solution” for it. Will see 😜
It’s all about personal choice. Over $500 is not cheap, but per initial inspection, the material is great.
With this 45-49mm flares, I can have up to +20mm offset wheel (currently +30-35mm) / more wider stand if needed in “near” future
I am not trying to convince anything. Just my very personal thoughts to share

Cannot install them today. Need to fulfill my priority duty for my “boss at home” 😆
I hope they work awesome for you, and they look cool regardless.
 
My point is, if you like how they look, go for it, but from a functional standpoint at least be objective about it so you aren’t disappointed.
Yeah he was pretty clearly already taking an objective approach without your sage wisdom.
 
Not sure how I offended you, but I apologize.
Thank you (I mean that, not being sarcastic), but I wasn’t offended. I’m autistic so that combined with lack of tone in text communications makes my jokes often not land well. I’m certainly a bit of an ass but I mean it to be humorous for all of us, not hurtful.
 
FYI for all interested - yesterday Plomor stated elsewhere (Facebook 🤢) that they are “very likely to refine the design in the future to address [the critiques of coverage shared here and elsewhere]. However, our R&D team's primary focus is currently on developing other new products.”

With full coverage I would instantly buy these at this price point.
 
FYI for all interested - yesterday Plomor stated elsewhere (Facebook 🤢) that they are “very likely to refine the design in the future to address [the critiques of coverage shared here and elsewhere]. However, our R&D team's primary focus is currently on developing other new products.”

With full coverage I would instantly buy these at this price point.
I agree if they were styled like the NYTOP flares (I don’t need carbon fiber) or even had a little larger flare, I would be all in at this price point.

I have some real Carbon Fiber stuff on my 67 Camaro; I definitely don’t need on my Land Cruiser….even from a it looks cool stand point.
 
Photos after the wide body fender flares installed. Looks aggressive / muscular with overall wider body. Great material and very well fit like OEM. I love it overall 😜. It is the winner for around $550 to me. I keep looking at them…Looks pretty cool 😜

If the lower flare portion is not 100% effectively blocking debris/rocks/muds, I will add / integrate the piece of “mud guard flap” [see attached photo just for reference, but I can do way more better and can be remove and attach ( if hitting side boulders ) with few pin locks: probably another side project in near future 😜]

Happy LC to all
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4688.webp
    IMG_4688.webp
    245.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_4695.webp
    IMG_4695.webp
    497.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_4709.webp
    IMG_4709.webp
    388.1 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_4705.webp
    IMG_4705.webp
    424.6 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2336.webp
    IMG_2336.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 315
Photos after the wide body fender flares installed. Looks aggressive / muscular with overall wider body. Great material and very well fit like OEM. I love it overall 😜. It is the winner for around $550 to me. I keep looking at them…Looks pretty cool 😜

If the lower flare portion is not 100% effectively blocking debris/rocks/muds, I will add / integrate the piece of “mud guard flap” [see attached photo just for reference, but I can do way more better and can be remove and attach ( if hitting side boulders ) with few pin locks: probably another side project in near future 😜]

Happy LC to all
Looks so good!!!
 
How much more flare is there from the original on the rear of the front flares. Is it the same or does it have more?
 
Photos after the wide body fender flares installed. Looks aggressive / muscular with overall wider body. Great material and very well fit like OEM. I love it overall 😜. It is the winner for around $550 to me. I keep looking at them…Looks pretty cool 😜

If the lower flare portion is not 100% effectively blocking debris/rocks/muds, I will add / integrate the piece of “mud guard flap” [see attached photo just for reference, but I can do way more better and can be remove and attach ( if hitting side boulders ) with few pin locks: probably another side project in near future 😜]

Happy LC to all
Looks great with your rig.
 
How much more flare is there from the original on the rear of the front flares. Is it the same or does it have more?
FE oem fender flares: front VS. rear = probably same 1/2”-3/4” or rear just slightly wider 1/4” (?)
Plomor VS OEM = 1 1/4” wider (Rear oem 3/4” vs. Rear Plomor 2”)
 
Photos after the wide body fender flares installed. Looks aggressive / muscular with overall wider body. Great material and very well fit like OEM. I love it overall 😜. It is the winner for around $550 to me. I keep looking at them…Looks pretty cool 😜

If the lower flare portion is not 100% effectively blocking debris/rocks/muds, I will add / integrate the piece of “mud guard flap” [see attached photo just for reference, but I can do way more better and can be remove and attach ( if hitting side boulders ) with few pin locks: probably another side project in near future 😜]

Happy LC to all
Thank you so much for the support and for sharing these awesome photos! We’re thrilled to hear that you love the aggressive new stance of your LC. Happy trails!
 
I wish these flares were flare all the way down the back of the front fender and rear 1/4 panel. I like the price point for sure but they just look weird with no bottom flat and only the top functioning as a flare.

My 1958 flare with a 285-70/17 and method 318 +25 could use a little
More flare. Don’t think a premium flare will be enough and the NYTOP is just crazy pricing.

You can see the dirt kicked up on the side, but with all the snow/ice gravel and sand from snow we drive through it he majority of the bad stuff was caught by the mud flap and the poke is not excessive. If I could find premium OEM flares cheap I might try them.
Same here, I wish the flares were all the way down like you said.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
M&R Automotive
Back
Top Bottom