Oil changing the 2024 Land Cruiser

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 1.08.31 AM.png

Toyota's own schedule calls for 10k OCI for ideal use and 5k for severe condition, that's nothing new.
40k mile spark plugs interval is new to me.
Lastly, looks like we have serviceable prop shaft, and they want it greased at least every 15k miles or 5k miles if severe used

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 1.16.56 AM.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1069

Toyota's own schedule calls for 10k OCI for ideal use and 5k for severe condition, that's nothing new.
40k mile spark plugs interval is new to me.
Lastly, looks like we have serviceable prop shaft, and they want it greased at least every 15k miles or 5k miles if severe used

View attachment 1072
Good and bad on the serviceable prop shafts. Had those on our 4Runner, and the front shaft was a PAIN. However, a big plus, with attention, the u-joints will never need replacing or fail at the worst possible time. Did mine every 5K, concurrent with oil changes, and when sold there was ZERO play in the driveshafts. Interesting to note they specify a moly grease on the splines, but not on the U-joints. Would wager a dealer would not adhere to this. Yes, 40K spark plugs are of interest. Nowadays 100K is typical with platinum-tipped plugs. Something to do with the turbo engine?

Back