IceColdNorth Thank you for your reply.

FarooqMCSE

πŸ“› Founding Member
Sep 11, 2023
Chino, CA 91710
Vehicles
Land Cruiser year 2000
The question is LC was not a great seller. That is the excuse they gave us for not selling it in US. It seems, The First Edition is top of the line. If the price of First Edition is in eighties, how can you sell all 5000 first editions in 3 months. Because right after first 3 months, LC and 1958 will be available too.
So, the first edition price has to be 55000, so all those who are waiting will go for first edition. Then once First Editions are wiped out, deal is no more available. Then from there, 1958 at 55G and LC at 65G to 70G will be available for all procrastinators. If Toyota follows this trick, all 5000 first editions will be sold in 3 months. So, my idea is, First Edition has to be cheap at 55 grand.

The question is LC was not a great seller. That is the excuse they gave us for not selling it in US. It seems, The First Edition is top of the line. If the price of First Edition is in eighties, how can you sell all 5000 first editions in 3 months. Because right after first 3 months, LC and 1958 will be available too.
So, the first edition price has to be 55000, so all those who are waiting will go for first edition. Then once First Editions are wiped out, deal is no more available. Then from there, 1958 at 55G and LC at 65G to 70G will be available for all procrastinators. If Toyota follows this trick, all 5000 first editions will be sold in 3 months. So, my idea is, First Edition has to be cheap at 55 grand.
I'm anxious to see the pricing, too. Will vary by market; some dealers will have sales at MSRPs.

I think we saw that the 1958 (the lowest trim) starts at about 55K, I think the First Ed with all the goodies attached was speculated to be closer to 70K. With the standard being somewhere in between.

It's all about those goodies attached.

Oh you sweet summer child, First Edition @ 55k? :)

Per Toyota:
"First Edition adds (above 1958 base and Land Cruiser mid)":
  • Roof Rack
  • Rock Rails
  • Front Skid Plate
  • Leather Heated/Ventilated Power seats
  • [along w/ a few other accessories and different facia]
I can't imagine a First Edition getting everything the "Land Cruiser" mid-trim gets, along with more premium features and then selling as 1958-trim price. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but not sure what the reason would be Toyota would need to sell all FE trims before the lower trims launch? Toyota "has" to make the First Edition cheap at $55k? Unsure why that would be - I can't imagine having lower trims available at the same time as First Edition would affect First Edition sales; if people want a fully-kitted out Land Cruiser, they'll pony-up the $65k+ (IMO). If they can't do that, there's the lower trims. Because I'm familiar w/ the Bronco at launch, I suppose that can be used as a means of comparison - the Bronco First Edition which was immediately sold out at the original 3500 production and then Ford doubled the numbers and then FE sold out at 7000 production and that was MSRPing at $63k and not nearly as refined and premium a rig as the Land Cruiser.

I don't see First Edition going for 80k as that's at GX550 Luxury+ trim at that point but I believe it's perfectly reasonable to predict $65-$70k. I don't imagine Toyota needs a sub-$65k price tag to sell the FEs in five minutes as it's their Halo SUV. I would be surprised if the price reaches $75k but as @Skidaddl mentioned, I'd predict they'd quickly sell out at $75k - there's just people out there w/ stupid-money. Of course, we're all guessing on pricing but I don't see Toyota having bargain-pricing on a special edition of a pinnacle vehicle.

Oh you sweet summer child, First Edition @ 55k? :)

Per Toyota:
"First Edition adds (above 1958 base and Land Cruiser mid)":
  • Roof Rack
  • Rock Rails
  • Front Skid Plate
  • Leather Heated/Ventilated Power seats
  • [along w/ a few other accessories and different facia]
I can't imagine a First Edition getting everything the "Land Cruiser" mid-trim gets, along with more premium features and then selling as 1958-trim price. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post but not sure what the reason would be Toyota would need to sell all FE trims before the lower trims launch? Toyota "has" to make the First Edition cheap at $55k? Unsure why that would be - I can't imagine having lower trims available at the same time as First Edition would affect First Edition sales; if people want a fully-kitted out Land Cruiser, they'll pony-up the $65k+ (IMO). If they can't do that, there's the lower trims. Because I'm familiar w/ the Bronco at launch, I suppose that can be used as a means of comparison - the Bronco First Edition which was immediately sold out at the original 3500 production and then Ford doubled the numbers and then FE sold out at 7000 production and that was MSRPing at $63k and not nearly as refined and premium a rig as the Land Cruiser.

I don't see First Edition going for 80k as that's at GX550 Luxury+ trim at that point but I believe it's perfectly reasonable to predict $65-$70k. I don't imagine Toyota needs a sub-$65k price tag to sell the FEs in five minutes as it's their Halo SUV. I would be surprised if the price reaches $75k but as @Skidaddl mentioned, I'd predict they'd quickly sell out at $75k - there's just people out there w/ stupid-money. Of course, we're all guessing on pricing but I don't see Toyota having bargain-pricing on a special edition of a pinnacle vehicle.
I suspect you're not far off. I'm predicting pricing to be roughly similar to the Tundra with similar equipment. I built an SR5 Crewmax 4x4 with a few options to be equivalent with the '58, and a Limited Crewmax 4x4 with options to be roughly equivalent to the Land Cruiser trim. If one assumes that a TRD Pro might be roughly equivalent with the First Edition, this is perhaps close to where they'd land pricewise. That said, the TRD Pro adds the 3.6 hybrid engine, and other goodies the First Edition won't have, so $70'ish K sounds reasonable:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 2.50.36β€―PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 2.50.36β€―PM.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 2.53.47β€―PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 2.53.47β€―PM.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 2.59.03β€―PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 2.59.03β€―PM.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 37
I suspect you're not far off. I'm predicting pricing to be roughly similar to the Tundra with similar equipment. I built an SR5 Crewmax 4x4 with a few options to be equivalent with the '58, and a Limited Crewmax 4x4 with options to be roughly equivalent to the Land Cruiser trim. If one assumes that a TRD Pro might be roughly equivalent with the First Edition, this is perhaps close to where they'd land pricewise. That said, the TRD Pro adds the 3.6 hybrid engine, and other goodies the First Edition won't have, so $70'ish K sounds reasonable:
Is there any trim/powertrain with permanent AWD ?

I don't believe so, but I'm also not sure if it's something you'd want in a pick-up. The only time I generally drive in 4x4 with my Tundra is when I'm legitimately off-road and am approching something where 4x4 is imperative, or on icy roads.

I still did not find if/how much you can drive in EV mode. As I noticed on Ford and other hybrid cars after every trip you can get the stats. E.g:
50 miles
10 miles on EV
25 mpg avg

As you know, driving on EV mode usually is: deceleration, coasting, braking gently, driving at constant speed, starting gently (this would be difficult on Tundra with a 48hp electric motor). Obviously more you drive on EV better efficiency you get. In the city or busy traffic it is a bonus but at constant highway speed is hard to get any benefit.

It looks more and more like iForce MAX is a Texas edition Hybrid. Adding power and torque not efficiency.

I still did not find if/how much you can drive in EV mode. As I noticed on Ford and other hybrid cars after every trip you can get the stats. E.g:
50 miles
10 miles on EV
25 mpg avg

As you know, driving on EV mode usually is: deceleration, coasting, braking gently, driving at constant speed, starting gently (this would be difficult on Tundra with a 48hp electric motor). Obviously more you drive on EV better efficiency you get. In the city or busy traffic it is a bonus but at constant highway speed is hard to get any benefit.

It looks more and more like iForce MAX is a Texas edition Hybrid. Adding power and torque not efficiency.

It reminds me of the etorque 5.7 hemi in my Ram 1500. Does very little in the way of fuel efficiency and is hardly noticeable compared to the non etorque 5.7. Once the official fuel ratings are out we’ll understand if Toyota has managed to eek out more mpg over the non Max. I highly doubt there will be a huge β€œfelt difference” at the pedal.

Toyota has a much bigger battery than the RAM etorque thus city driving will provide a better efficiency.
All the available tests and EPA rating for the GrandHighlander 2.4T Hybrid should be very close to the new LC250
26mpg city and 27 highway will be possible.
The 2.4T non-hybrid GrandHighlander gets 20mpg city and 26 highway.

The simple and very good judgement is this: The new Landcruiser is much cheaper, has more power, more torque and much better fuel efficiency than the "old" one (LC200 has 13mpg city 18 highway). What more could you possibly desire ? :cool:

Toyota has a much bigger battery than the RAM etorque thus city driving will provide a better efficiency.
All the available tests and EPA rating for the GrandHighlander 2.4T Hybrid should be very close to the new LC250
26mpg city and 27 highway will be possible.
The 2.4T non-hybrid GrandHighlander gets 20mpg city and 26 highway.

The simple and very good judgement is this: The new Landcruiser is much cheaper, has more power, more torque and much better fuel efficiency than the "old" one (LC200 has 13mpg city 18 highway). What more could you possibly desire ? :cool:
If the LC nets out 25 combined I’ll be over the moon! My dream rig. The anticipation is palpable!

The LC 250 hybrid will be able to do 25 mpg without any doubt. But the driver is the main issue. Some will get only 20.
Electrified cars push you to drive smoothly. After few years with a hybrid and one year with an EV I get better mpg on my old cars.
But of course, driving mostly on the highway means the mpg it's just a matter of speed. The hybrid system cannot help.

I don't believe so, but I'm also not sure if it's something you'd want in a pick-up. The only time I generally drive in 4x4 with my Tundra is when I'm legitimately off-road and am approching something where 4x4 is imperative, or on icy roads.

There are two different situations.

• During a long winter you will need to make long trips and face tough conditions: freezing temperatures, snow, wind, ice…. If you have a full time AWD would you lock the center differential for a 100 miles trip? Because this is exactly what we get from a Tundra with 4x4 activated. I’ve never locked any differential on my Landcruiser when driving on-road.
  • If you are stuck in deep snow or uphill on icy road …. then of course difflocks are useful.
That Torsen center differential is a big deal if you do not live in Texas. And not cheap, look at the Tacoma Limited price.

The LC 250 hybrid will be able to do 25 mpg without any doubt. But the driver is the main issue. Some will get only 20.
Electrified cars push you to drive smoothly. After few years with a hybrid and one year with an EV I get better mpg on my old cars.
But of course, driving mostly on the highway means the mpg it's just a matter of speed. The hybrid system cannot help.

I've been "soft pedaling" my Bronco in an effort to max out MPG just to see what's possible. It's not prooving capable of anything over stated combined MPG (20) even in perfect conditions. If my son drives it this drops to 17 rather quickly. If the LC can do 25+ mpg combined under these same conditions I'm calling that a death blow for the competition.

The Canadian press release says it'll get 8.7 l/100km, which translates to 27mpg. Damn I hope that's right!
Me too but I think they had to "walk this statement back" recently.

Back