Constant high-pitched ringing noise

Noise recording posted, sounds like a fan with a bad arbor or bearing...
If there is a fan. Try disconnecting the power leg and test for resolution.
Not a fan, I've been in there.
 
Wondering if having the coolbox quiets this down? I don't hear it over my ridge grapplers, at least.
 
Wondering if having the coolbox quiets this down? I don't hear it over my ridge grapplers, at least.
I doubt it. IME, the sound comes from the rear of the center console. I put a jacket back there and it muffled it well. There is also a vent on the driver's side, but rear seems to be the area. I have the LCLC, no coolbox.

Yo could probably almost eliminate it if you took the whole thing apart and rolled sound deadening on it. I wasn't going to go to that much effort and the stuff I got was too thick anyway, there are some very tight spots. I was also concerned with heat build up. Obviously, you don't want to cover the vent.
It does sound like a fan, it doesn't turn on and off, but I found no evidence of a fan. Somewhere, someone explained what it was, just a ludicrous inverter, or something to that effect.
 
I am having similar high pitched noise issue that started about 300 miles ago. Right now I am at 35,960 miles and already took it to the dealership. 2024 LCLC premium with cool box.

I walked in the dealership with two videos and the service guy immediately noticed the high pitch noise just from my video. When the service technician looked at my car, he was also able to replicate the noise. When I arrived at the dealership, I didn’t let anyone turn off my car and I specifically told them to make sure the car is kept on and running until the technician looks at it. After the diagnostics, they came back and said this is normal behavior and there were no codes thrown and gave my car back. This is not normal for a $70K car.

Also the high pitched noise starts 20-30 minutes after the car has been running.

With hearing disappointed news, I did some digging and came across a Facebook post with some guy having the same issue. I have attached the technician notes and what they did to resolve the issue. I am not sure if this will work but I am willing to give it a try.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8823.webp
    IMG_8823.webp
    168.1 KB · Views: 83
I am having similar high pitched noise issue that started about 300 miles ago. Right now I am at 35,960 miles and already took it to the dealership. 2024 LCLC premium with cool box.

I walked in the dealership with two videos and the service guy immediately noticed the high pitch noise just from my video. When the service technician looked at my car, he was also able to replicate the noise. When I arrived at the dealership, I didn’t let anyone turn off my car and I specifically told them to make sure the car is kept on and running until the technician looks at it. After the diagnostics, they came back and said this is normal behavior and there were no codes thrown and gave my car back. This is not normal for a $70K car.

Also the high pitched noise starts 20-30 minutes after the car has been running.

With hearing disappointed news, I did some digging and came across a Facebook post with some guy having the same issue. I have attached the technician notes and what they did to resolve the issue. I am not sure if this will work but I am willing to give it a try.
That's interesting, but completely different than the center console noise. But, good to know.
 
I am having similar high pitched noise issue that started about 300 miles ago. Right now I am at 35,960 miles and already took it to the dealership. 2024 LCLC premium with cool box.

I walked in the dealership with two videos and the service guy immediately noticed the high pitch noise just from my video. When the service technician looked at my car, he was also able to replicate the noise. When I arrived at the dealership, I didn’t let anyone turn off my car and I specifically told them to make sure the car is kept on and running until the technician looks at it. After the diagnostics, they came back and said this is normal behavior and there were no codes thrown and gave my car back. This is not normal for a $70K car.

Also the high pitched noise starts 20-30 minutes after the car has been running.

With hearing disappointed news, I did some digging and came across a Facebook post with some guy having the same issue. I have attached the technician notes and what they did to resolve the issue. I am not sure if this will work but I am willing to give it a try.
^^^ So this person believes the transmission is causing the winning sound??
 
The biggest issue is the way dealerships operate. Dealerships pay their mechanics on a flat rate. While they’re diagnosing, they don’t really get paid. They get paid to fix/work. And if it’s going to take them time to diagnose a problem which Toyota doesn’t have a pay rate for, then they don’t know how much they’re going to make to fix it. And because they pay flat rate, the mechanics all just prefer to crank out the jobs that allow them to earn 12 hours of pay in an 8 hour shift. If the mechanic senses it’s going to be a headache, they just say they can’t replicate the problem, dump the ticket and move on to an easy job.

So with dealerships, you’re always fighting that battle. The mechanics just aren’t motivated to diagnose an unknown problem. They tend to assume they won’t be able to figure it out and the time they wasted diagnosing a unfixable issue was time they lost earning money on a real job. The dealership closest to me is horrible about this (Poway Toyota in San Diego County. They suck). You need to find a good dealership with someone who is willing to dig and figure it out. If there is one. Ugh.

Call Toyota corporate and ask which dealership they recommend. They probably won’t but it’s worth a try.

You can do all your own testing, but if they can’t replicate the problem, it’s all for nothing. Unless you plan to sue.

Try searching the forums to see which dealerships in your area have a better reputation for diagnosing a problem. Some are better than others. You need to find the one that has that guy who’s willing to take time with it.
 
Last edited:
Supporting Vendors View all →
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom