High pitch whistling/ringing noise

If it is just a grease issue, why are the dealership pushing back and saying the whistling noise is normal. This has to be the least cost wise fix for them.
Because in order to do anything under warranty, they need to duplicate the problem and then go through the appropriate channels. It’s a compilicated process.
 
Last edited:
Because in order to do anything under warranty, they need to duplicate the problem and then go through the appropriate channels. It’s a ridiculous process.

My whistling issue was duplicated at the dealership and it was also acknowledged by the service rep and service technician, documented in their system and the paper invoice handed to me, yet they said this is a normal whistling noise and they didn't want to entertain calling a Toyota Master technician to take a look unless the car was brought back again 2 more times. In other word, it has to be seen by the dealership technician 3 times for the same issue before they can escalate it to the Master Toyota tech.
 
My whistling issue was duplicated at the dealership and it was also acknowledged by the service rep and service technician, documented in their system and the paper invoice handed to me, yet they said this is a normal whistling noise and they didn't want to entertain calling a Toyota Master technician to take a look unless the car was brought back again 2 more times. In other word, it has to be seen by the dealership technician 3 times for the same issue before they can escalate it to the Master Toyota tech.
That’s pretty ridiculous. I just got off the phone with our technician and he couldn’t duplicate it. Despite me telling everyone that it’s much better with the windows down, they weren’t drowning with the windows down. They’re taking out one more time. Fortunately, they said they would apply the grease to the transfer case as other owners have had success with regardless. I’ll report back hopefully tonight or tomorrow if it didn’t work. I’m assuming you have the same noise.
 
That’s pretty ridiculous. I just got off the phone with our technician and he couldn’t duplicate it. Despite me telling everyone that it’s much better with the windows down, they weren’t drowning with the windows down. They’re taking out one more time. Fortunately, they said they would apply the grease to the transfer case as other owners have had success with regardless. I’ll report back hopefully tonight or tomorrow if it didn’t work. I’m assuming you have the same noise.

If it helps, this is what I did. The whistling noise in my car starts about 20-25 mins after of me driving. I drove to the dealership, 30 mins away, and by the time I got there, the whistling noise had started. I told the service rep and the service tech not to turn the car OFF till they get a chance to hear that whistling noise and sure enough, they followed my instructions and were able to hear it.
 
So I picked up my car yesterday. They were never able to reproduce the noise, of course but they did the work anyway. On my drive yesterday the noise did not appear. Hopefully it solves the issue.
 
If it is just a grease issue, why are the dealership pushing back and saying the whistling noise is normal. This has to be the least cost wise fix for them.
I'm guessing they have no clue what to try to grease
 
update - noise appears to be totally gone. Long drive in hot weather under same conditions - nothing. Very happy
 
update - noise appears to be totally gone. Long drive in hot weather under same conditions - nothing. Very happy
This has To be the strangest thing ever. My noise is also gone after a 4 hour long drive in TX heat
 
Is greasing the flange something you can do at home with basic tools? Or is this a dealership thing? Mine started making the same noise at 55k miles.
 
2024 LCLC premium at 35,900 miles making high pitch whistling/ringing noise. The issue started 3 days ago (at 35,500 miles) and it is not a constant noise. Some times I don’t hear anything but occasional the noise is there. The noise gets louder when I take my foot off the gas and it is only present under 2000 RPM. I am taking it to the dealership hoping to replicate the noise while I am there but also to get it in Toyota system before the manufacture 36K warranty. I have attached videos for reference. Does anyone have experience this issue and will the fix be covered under the warranty if my car goes above 36K miles?
I’d definitely get it documented before you hit 36K. I’ve seen a few other LC owners mention a very similar high-pitched/ringing noise, although the causes people have found seem to be different.

Since yours gets louder on decel and stays under 2,000 RPM, I’d be interested to hear what the dealer finds. If they tell you it’s normal, I’d still have them put the complaint and their findings on the repair order so there’s a record of it.


Definitely keep us posted on what they find. I’m curious about this one.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom