Can inverter be used with vehicle OFF?

b407driver

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jun 7, 2024
Colorado
Vehicles
2016 4Runner TPP KDSS (waiting...)
Like for camping, it sure would be nice to tap into the 1.87 kWh battery without having to mess around with making sure the vehicle is in the right mode (i.e. anything other than 'off').

Hopefully someone who has accepted delivery can chime in here.

Like for camping, it sure would be nice to tap into the 1.87 kWh battery without having to mess around with making sure the vehicle is in the right mode (i.e. anything other than 'off').

Hopefully someone who has accepted delivery can chime in here.
Yes, check out the thread on car camping

I had previously read through that thread, but didn't see the answer. Was the answer in the video? Seems people are still waiting for someone to try it. I'm also super-interested in, assuming hybrid battery discharge, how long it would take at idle to charge it back up (I get off-grid a lot).

Normally the hybrid system will shut off after 1 hour. When inside the vehicle, if you lock the doors using the door switch the hybrid system will stay on indefinitely according to the user manual. You can tell they designed it this way assuming you are planning on staying in the vehicle if locking it from the inside. If you want to use it more as a generator for power, you can leave the hybrid system on and then lock the vehicle with the manual key and it says the hybrid system will stay on and the engine will cycle on and off to recharge the battery. I have not tested it yet to confirm but this is what the manual says. My LC is due into Portland on the 16th and then July 1-Aug 10 is the delivery date.

Where do I find the manual before my Landy arrives?

Back