Attention Part # Sleuth's ... front and rear lower bumper cover in black

Uncle_Spike

📛 Founding Member
Apr 8, 2024
TN
Vehicles
08 FJ Cruiser 2024 FE Landcruiser on order
So, I can't be the only one who feels the front and rear lower bumper covers or valances if you prefer that are on most but not all trim levels that are grey/silver look out of place to me. On some models and trim/color combos those 2 pieces are black like the rest of the bumper. Can anyone pull a rabbit out of the hat and come up with a part number for those in black? I know I could paint and will probably just wrap for the time being, but it would be nice to order some to arrive next year =)

Attachments

• partnumber.jpg
    partnumber.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 116
  • partnumber22.jpg
    partnumber22.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 82
  • partnumber32.jpg
    partnumber32.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 84
I agree with you but what bothers me even more is the hitch cover and the access to the hitch or hooks. I don't know if i'll have to change the bumper to fix that.

I agree with you but what bothers me even more is the hitch cover and the access to the hitch or hooks. I don't know if i'll have to change the bumper to fix that.
I will be working on a 3d print design for a hitch cover hopefully in 2 weeks if mine FE ever shows

Not as bad with the half hitch cover.. but I agree it could use some work. I have an Agency6 shackle and locking bolt that I’ll either leave hanging from the receiver or keep in the recovery kit.

Credit: Ventura_Hondo

IMG_7666.jpeg
IMG_7665.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7664.jpeg
    IMG_7664.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 77
How exactly is the rear hitch cover removed? I see the two plastic pop up rivets fully pushed in. How are they popped out or loosened to remove the cover?

We need some ARB bumpers to solve this problem.

How exactly is the rear hitch cover removed? I see the two plastic pop up rivets fully pushed in. How are they popped out or loosened to remove the cover?
The two plastic pop rivets come first. Use your fingernails or a thin flathead to pull the center out to remove them. Then gently pull from the bottom to pop it off. One of the top connectors will be longer to hold it when installing/removing.

I would love a part number for the black valances as well (front / rear bumper). We dealt with the same thing on the 4runner - Unless you had a TRD Pro. I won't have mine for several weeks but will remove and paint or order new in black. I have never liked silver trim.... unless the vehicle is silver of course ;)

Finally got the part numbers but they are spendy. I think i will wrap mine

RR Bumper Panels
52951-60031 RH
52952-60030 LH

FR Bumper Panel
52411-60230

Back