A few confirmatory social media updates from Toyota

DctrEvil

📛 Founding Member
Nov 21, 2023
Little Rock, AR
Vehicles
Tacoma
Toyota posted a little teaser Instagram ad today and their team responded to some questions... essentially information that most of us know already, but I found it interesting that they said " We recommend staying in touch with your local Toyota dealer, so they can keep you updated as soon as they start taking orders." So "taking orders" to me means something different than a waiting list? Or maybe the waiting list at your local dealer puts in a que to place orders?

IMG_0417.jpeg
IMG_0416.jpeg
IMG_0415.jpeg
IMG_0414.jpeg

What does "taking orders" mean? It is my understanding that one no longer order a Toyota to be built by line item. That is, the dealer will take your order, then attempt to find a vehicle as close as possible here in the U.S., or possibly on the way from Japan? I hope I am mistaken, but it doesn't appear so. :(

What does "taking orders" mean? It is my understanding that one no longer order a Toyota to be built by line item. That is, the dealer will take your order, then attempt to find a vehicle as close as possible here in the U.S., or possibly on the way from Japan? I hope I am mistaken, but it doesn't appear so. :(
I'm not sure if it's that way up here, but I hope not. I know what I want, and it doesn't have round headlights or softex seats, but it does have JBL, and rhymes with "greedy or power".

I'm not sure how that messaging will be received here. Toyota currently does not take orders in the USA for any model. However, you can "order" the trim/color vehicle that is preassigned allocation for your local dealer. Once the VIN shows up in the system assigned to a dealer 4-6 weeks prior to delivery, you can "order" it (hopefully at MSRP).

A very well made video of Tahara opened so many doors. However, they in video said first 1958, but Toyota says, first they will make 5000 First Edition, and then they will make 1958.

A very well made video of Tahara opened so many doors. However, they in video said first 1958, but Toyota says, first they will make 5000 First Edition, and then they will make 1958.
My question is, which trim level(s) of the LC will be made at the Tahara facility, and which at Hino? Apparently, all of the GX 550 will be manufactured at Tahara. There is a recent video of the first GX 550 being manufactured at Tahara. One impressive facility!

My question is, which trim level(s) of the LC will be made at the Tahara facility, and which at Hino? Apparently, all of the GX 550 will be manufactured at Tahara. There is a recent video of the first GX 550 being manufactured at Tahara. One impressive facility!
I’m wondering the same thing. I imagine the Hino plant will do specific markets, rather than specific trims.

Back