Just a little update from the Hawaii

lunkerbuster808

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Nov 28, 2023
HI
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma OffRoad 4DLB
Just a heads up called my Dealership Servco Toyota and talked to my salesman. I was able to Have him put in for allocation for a Black 1958. Im over here in Hawaii so who knows how long this will take and if this really means anything ... do we get more cause we are the unofficial Tacoma/4runner capital of the world or less cause our population? or insane demand for 4x4 is too much? Told him i would take a meteor shower if black gets hard to find but decided to still put black on the list beacuse he said he can only list one. The worst part is that no 2024 Tacoma has been delivered yet and I have yet to see a Hybrid Tunda so when will this LC really be ready .....Anyways gotta stay positive I really cant wait to get one ... too much negative people on the internet Hybrid,overpriced,too small,3row,Too Low, prado....blah blah blah I just want one before my 2016 Tacoma hits 100K.....and own my dream car !!!!! Stay postive and thankyou for everyone posting pictures and videos ....keeping the dream alive

Have there been any road tests of the LC? My guess is they are still a decent period in the future. For the sibling, the Lexus GX550, plenty of tests to view, and dealers are expecting them in the near future, possibly less than a month. I know I keep repeating it, but it sure seems there is a production holdup on the LC (and GX550h, and Tacoma hybrid). Did I read where Toyota just put into operation a new battery plant in the U.S.? Possibly this has something to with the situation?

My dealer today said there was a holdup in Japan on the EPA emissions verification. That issue was recently resolved.

No sure whats going on but you are right there is some sort of major hold up ...Never seen a car launch this late before.

Have there been any road tests of the LC? My guess is they are still a decent period in the future. For the sibling, the Lexus GX550, plenty of tests to view, and dealers are expecting them in the near future, possibly less than a month. I know I keep repeating it, but it sure seems there is a production holdup on the LC (and GX550h, and Tacoma hybrid). Did I read where Toyota just put into operation a new battery plant in the U.S.? Possibly this has something to with the situation?
That battery plant is still under construction. I don't think it is due to build the first production parts until 2025. The batteries out of the US battery plant will go to North America built vehicles. It really eats into the localization cost benefits if they build batteries in the US, ship them to Japan, build the vehicle in Japan, and then ship the vehicle to the US.

All the YouTube reviewers have said the drive event is scheduled for April.

Back