2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

Any Fargo fans? "Yeah but that true coat...."
Now that dealers can't really advertise over MSRP, due to softening of the market, they've resorted to the TruCoat and $400 nitrogen tires.

JMO, having closely watched the hot new car in a somewhat elevated market, I would walk away from anything that is over MSRP and anything that has low/no value add-ons. A year ago people were paying $5k - $10k markup on the GR Corolla. Now almost every dealership has one on the lot and they are selling for MSRP or even a little under. Don't get caught up in the hype and immediately take $5k in depreciation. Patience will win out. Plus, there will be other packages or colors that will come out in the next year or so that you might like better. I'd probably have done well to wait on my GR Corolla for 6 months and gotten the perfect color and trim that was announced about 3 months after I took delivery of my '23.

So according to this (from Toyota Canada Dealer Meeting last year), the First Edition won't have Traffic Jam Assist. That's a pretty big deal breaker for me personally, do you think this is only for Canada, or will this be the case stateside as well?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 5.28.54โ€ฏPM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 5.28.54โ€ฏPM.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 156
So according to this (from Toyota Canada Dealer Meeting last year), the First Edition won't have Traffic Jam Assist. That's a pretty big deal breaker for me personally, do you think this is only for Canada, or will this be the case stateside as well?
I think you have to wait to see...the US models will not be the same carbon copies

Now that dealers can't really advertise over MSRP, due to softening of the market, they've resorted to the TruCoat and $400 nitrogen tires.

JMO, having closely watched the hot new car in a somewhat elevated market, I would walk away from anything that is over MSRP and anything that has low/no value add-ons. A year ago people were paying $5k - $10k markup on the GR Corolla. Now almost every dealership has one on the lot and they are selling for MSRP or even a little under. Don't get caught up in the hype and immediately take $5k in depreciation. Patience will win out. Plus, there will be other packages or colors that will come out in the next year or so that you might like better. I'd probably have done well to wait on my GR Corolla for 6 months and gotten the perfect color and trim that was announced about 3 months after I took delivery of my '23.
Yup. I won't buy it if they're expecting me to pay a dollar more than MSRP to get me out the door. I've had my Tundra for 11 years, I can wait longer LOL

I'm not seeing 12" screen as an option for the 1958. I'm not seeing any options for the 1958, TBH. Unclear if the premium package on the standard forces 20" wheels. They look standalone right now.
where are you seeing options at all?

I hope the US 1958 models retain the heated front seats and steering wheel!

curious, where are you seeing these specific options? mind sharing a link?
Post #163 in this thread had a breakdown of options by model. I believe this was the breakdown for Canada.

Saw on another page...they claim it was an email from their Lexus dealership

Attachments

• its-happening-v0-1t518ydj07jc1.jpeg
    its-happening-v0-1t518ydj07jc1.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 107
This is from the Toyota Pressroom from the August release. This may have been posted already but it's worth reposting.

Simple Grade Structure

Land Cruiser will be available in three grades: Land Cruiser 1958, Land Cruiser, and the limited run Land Cruiser First Edition. An available premium package adds power heated and ventilated leather-trimmed seats with lumbar support, a 14-speaker JBL audio system, head-up display, digital rearview mirror, moonroof, and more.

The 2024 Land Cruiser will be offered in seven exterior color choices: Ice Cap, Wind Chill Pearl, Underground, Black, Meteor Shower, Trail Dust, and Heritage Blue. The two-tone Trail Dust and Heritage Blue exterior colors feature a Grayscape roof.

This is from the Toyota Pressroom from the August release. This may have been posted already but it's worth reposting.

Simple Grade Structure

Land Cruiser will be available in three grades: Land Cruiser 1958, Land Cruiser, and the limited run Land Cruiser First Edition. An available premium package adds power heated and ventilated leather-trimmed seats with lumbar support, a 14-speaker JBL audio system, head-up display, digital rearview mirror, moonroof, and more.

The 2024 Land Cruiser will be offered in seven exterior color choices: Ice Cap, Wind Chill Pearl, Underground, Black, Meteor Shower, Trail Dust, and Heritage Blue. The two-tone Trail Dust and Heritage Blue exterior colors feature a Grayscape roof.

Updated press release from Toyota today:

starting at $55,950 + 1495 dealer processing/delivery fee

Land Cruiser has received an EPA-estimated 23 MPG combined rating which is a higher combined MPG rating than any previous iteration.

and per TRD Jon

The price and MPG for the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser has been revealed. The Land Cruiser 1958 will start at $55,590. The Land Cruiser Grade MSRP is $61,950. Lastly the Land Cruiser First Edtion Price is $74,950. MPG for the new 2024 Land Cruiser is 22 City/25 Highway/ 23 Combined.

and per TRD Jon

The price and MPG for the 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser has been revealed. The Land Cruiser 1958 will start at $55,590. The Land Cruiser Grade MSRP is $61,950. Lastly the Land Cruiser First Edtion Price is $74,950. MPG for the new 2024 Land Cruiser is 22 City/25 Highway/ 23 Combined.

the toyota press release didn't even include the various grade prices and the 25 highway mpg!!!! I was just thinking I might have to sadly give up on this vehicle if it wasn't more efficient than the sequoia

Back