2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

Looking forward to seeing the First Editions on Bring-a-Trailer and Car N' Bids for $100k.
I am going to be 100% honest. I was thinking 1st editions would be in the 68k range, I'm still in sticker shock that it's closer to mid to high 70s! Demand demand demand!

Anyone hear any schedule of future allocations? I think there's about 4 allocated in the US as of now LOL

Anyone hear any schedule of future allocations? I think there's about 4 allocated in the US as of now LOL
I talked to a couple of dealerships last week. Dealers got their first allocations at the end of last week. I was told by one dealer they expect to have a LC on the lot by April in one case and May in two others. I think they get another update on what they are getting in early March, so if the first two shipments are First Edition, I assume that is when they find out about the second shipment and then their mid March update will be when they find out about other trim levels, but that is my estimate, not what I was told by anyone.

I talked to a couple of dealerships last week. Dealers got their first allocations at the end of last week. I was told by one dealer they expect to have a LC on the lot by April in one case and May in two others. I think they get another update on what they are getting in early March, so if the first two shipments are First Edition, I assume that is when they find out about the second shipment and then their mid March update will be when they find out about other trim levels, but that is my estimate, not what I was told by anyone.
I got similar information when I asked about Tacoma allocations. New allocations are added to the dealers' system twice a month, once early month and then again mid month, so this seems like a great estimate.

Unrelated, but does anyone know what having multi terrain monitor on the mid grade non premium means? I ask because it apparently doesn't have PVM, so does it have all the same cameras but is missing the top down view?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240222_072215_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240222_072215_Chrome.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 39
I got similar information when I asked about Tacoma allocations. New allocations are added to the dealers' system twice a month, once early month and then again mid month, so this seems like a great estimate.

Unrelated, but does anyone know what having multi terrain monitor on the mid grade non premium means? I ask because it apparently doesn't have PVM, so does it have all the same cameras but is missing the top down view?
Good question, I had to google it: Looks like MTM encompasses PVM, at least that's my impression of it.

Good question, I had to google it: Looks like MTM encompasses PVM, at least that's my impression of it.

I would add that the PVM is likely an option like it is on many of the other toyotas for 600$ (ugh)

or toyota just says nah, and forces you into the premium package to get it...

I would add that the PVM is likely an option like it is on many of the other toyotas for 600$ (ugh)

or toyota just says nah, and forces you into the premium package to get it...
Yeah, I hate that it's not standard these days. I use my surround view every time I move my truck and hate when you have to go up trim to get it on a vehicle.

Talked with my dealer today to update my list now that the builder is official. Asked if he had any information or details. He says "we don't have any updates for the NW region at this time".

Ah well....now I wait.

Talked to a toyota dealer today who about 100 miles from me mainly because it is in a smaller town and I bought a used 2018 LC200 a couple of years ago from him. I told him I was interested in the 2024 LC250. They only had a few names on their "list". He added me and said they are putting a plan of action together next week if /when they are going to take deposits and he was unsure of the allocation timing.

I have a deposit for GX550 (got in early since I rolled an LX600 deposit over once I realized it would be another yard to get the LX I wanted) overtrail +. I must admit, the LC250 has grown on me. I originally liked the round head lights and have since come around to rectangular. The delay on the GX550 seems to have pushed me more to the LC250. I sent the dealer my preferred build link / specs. LC trim - heritage blue over JAVA with premium package.

I spoke with another local dealership. He called because Toyota said I wanted a Grand Highlander based on me configuring a Landcruiser. I said the Toyota site was F'ed up and I wanted a Landcruiser. He did some checking and said he saw something on his system that the first 85 had been allocated so far. He expected their first one in late April and will let me know when he gets their next allocation in March. Told him I what I wanted and wasn't paying $15K over MSRP and if its a fair deal I could just write a check. With one of the few I have spoken to I should be able to get one.

Example of an actually allocated on Smart path temporary land cruiser VIN

JTEABFAJ3R109BI27

I was told the two numbers before the 'B' or letter at the end were the week the car begins being assembled/manufactured in Japan. In this case '09' meaning this week (9th week of the year)

4-6 weeks is pretty impressive, this is output from chatgpt (with internet connection) on start to finish. I put west coast as a destination:

From the moment a car is assembled at Toyota's Tahara plant to when it arrives at a dealership on the West Coast of the U.S., several stages are involved, including assembly, quality checks, transportation to a port in Japan, shipping across the Pacific Ocean, customs and import processing in the U.S., and finally, transportation to the dealership. Let's break it down:

1. Assembly Time: Around 17-18 hours.
  2. Post-Assembly Quality Checks and Preparations: A few days, to ensure the car meets Toyota's quality standards.
  3. Transportation to a Port in Japan: Depending on the plant's distance from the port and logistics schedules, this can take a day or two.
  4. Shipping Across the Pacific Ocean: This is one of the longer phases. Transit times from Japan to the West Coast of the U.S. typically range from 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the specific departure and arrival ports, weather conditions, and shipping schedules.
  5. Customs and Import Processing in the U.S.: This stage can vary significantly, from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on the volume of imports, customs efficiency, and whether there are any inspections or paperwork issues.
  6. Transportation to the Dealership: Once cleared, the car is transported to the dealership. This can take anywhere from a few days to a week, depending on the distance from the port and the transportation logistics.
Assuming everything is optimized and there are no unexpected delays, the total time from the car being assembled in Tahara to arriving at a dealership on the West Coast of the U.S. is technically feasible within 4 to 6 weeks. This estimate includes all stages of the process but can fluctuate based on external factors such as shipping schedules, customs clearance times, and the efficiency of domestic logistics.

Talked to a toyota dealer today who about 100 miles from me mainly because it is in a smaller town and I bought a used 2018 LC200 a couple of years ago from him. I told him I was interested in the 2024 LC250. They only had a few names on their "list". He added me and said they are putting a plan of action together next week if /when they are going to take deposits and he was unsure of the allocation timing.

I have a deposit for GX550 (got in early since I rolled an LX600 deposit over once I realized it would be another yard to get the LX I wanted) overtrail +. I must admit, the LC250 has grown on me. I originally liked the round head lights and have since come around to rectangular. The delay on the GX550 seems to have pushed me more to the LC250. I sent the dealer my preferred build link / specs. LC trim - heritage blue over JAVA with premium package.
and swap the rectangular head lights with someone who got the 1958 trim and then you're set, it's such a bummer that first edition only comes with black interior

Back