Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
img_6725-jpeg.879
img_6726-jpeg.878

After checking out the photos @qberg posted yesterday (2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)), got me thinking...

Do you think the First Edition Land Cruisers are going to be the first to roll out here in the US, or can we expect simultaneous releases across all models?

Last edited:
According to Toyota, first 5,000 made will be.

img_6725-jpeg.879

After checking out the photos @qberg posted yesterday (2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)), got me thinking...

Do you think the First Edition Land Cruisers are going to be the first to roll out here in the US, or can we expect simultaneous releases across all models?
I believe the first in the USA and Canada will be First Editions but I'm not 100%

According to Toyota, first 5,000 made will be.
More Toyota marketing/profit strategy if you ask me. The First Editions will be highly sought after, and command heavy dealer mark-up's. I love Toyotas, but their arrogance is beginning to irritate me. As we all know, one cannot any longer order a Toyota to their specs. You can "Build" one online, but not much chance it will be exactly as desired.

More Toyota marketing/profit strategy if you ask me. The First Editions will be highly sought after, and command heavy dealer mark-up's. I love Toyotas, but their arrogance is beginning to irritate me. As we all know, one cannot any longer order a Toyota to their specs. You can "Build" one online, but not much chance it will be exactly as desired.
That strategy worked on me. As of right now, the ONLY way to get fully-loaded features with round headlights is by getting 1 of those 5000 First Editions. I don't know if 2025 or future model years it's still possible for such configurations so I succumbed and put the deposit on it the same day it's announced.

If there was a regular trim with all the bells and whistles and round headlights, I would probably wait a few years and then buy when all the bugs got fixed.

That strategy worked on me. As of right now, the ONLY way to get fully-loaded features with round headlights is by getting 1 of those 5000 First Editions. I don't know if 2025 or future model years it's still possible for such configurations so I succumbed and put the deposit on it the same day it's announced.

If there was a regular trim with all the bells and whistles and round headlights, I would probably wait a few years and then buy when all the bugs got fixed.
We once owned an FJ62, so the rectangular headlights are sort of a trip back to it. This said, would love a First Edition, but short of $10K extra, the owner of our small dealership has it earmarked for himself. Don't know what is going to be offered in the U.S., but in Canada, the "Land Cruiser" will be offered with a Premium Package, to me making it even more tempting than the First Edition.
Canadian Ordering Guide.jpg

We once owned an FJ62, so the rectangular headlights are sort of a trip back to it. This said, would love a First Edition, but short of $10K extra, the owner of our small dealership has it earmarked for himself. Don't know what is going to be offered in the U.S., but in Canada, the "Land Cruiser" will be offered with a Premium Package, to me making it even more tempting than the First Edition.
the Canadian First Edition looks to be "de-contented" compared to what we already know of the US specs.
US gets cool box center console for one, I guess Canada doesn't need cool box

the Canadian First Edition looks to be "de-contented" compared to what we already know of the US specs.
US gets cool box center console for one, I guess Canada doesn't need cool box
Could be mistaken, but from a video recently viewed, the U.S. may also be getting 3-Zone HVAC in the 1958 version. Really anxious to know the details!

I'm doing a wait and see on final spec's. For example, I just watched a video of the LC trim where the presenter noted it doesn't come with a moonroof. But the Canadian spec's (above) clearly show it does.

As for the cool box console, while it would be convenient, I have tons of other stuff I will be putting in there. If I want cold ones for a day out fishing, I can always plug in a little cooler in the back.

Unfortunately, the Premium Package comes with a full slate of crap I don't want, to get the stuff I do. So I'm torn.

As for the cool box console, while it would be convenient, I have tons of other stuff I will be putting in there. If I want cold ones for a day out fishing, I can always plug in a little cooler in the back.
This is a good point, I generally keep a bunch of stuff in there like my sunglasses.

I'm doing a wait and see on final spec's. For example, I just watched a video of the LC trim where the presenter noted it doesn't come with a moonroof. But the Canadian spec's (above) clearly show it does.

Unfortunately, the Premium Package comes with a full slate of crap I don't want, to get the stuff I do. So I'm torn.

Agreed. Iโ€™m getting the LC trim and only care about JBL and leather vs softtex. Really donโ€™t want the sunroof eitherโ€ฆ

I'd like to have seat memory, which looks to be only on premium (and first), but I really don't want 20" wheels, so hopefully those are separate options. All speculation until the official specs are out

I'd like to have seat memory, which looks to be only on premium (and first), but I really don't want 20" wheels, so hopefully those are separate options. All speculation until the official specs are out
Agree I don't want the 20s, but I want memory seats

Be nice to read a road test. Never seen one even started up yet on all the prototypes on youtube.

Back