2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

YouTubers have mentioned driving the LC in April. I expect we won’t see them at dealers until at least a month after that.

There's a chance, don't hold me to it, that a very small bunch of 1st edition LCs arrive with the GX550s

There is a cargo vehicle carrier from Japan docking in the Portland, Oregon port tomorrow 2/11/24. What vehicle(s) are on it? That's the million $ question.

The New Century 1 and 2 are two of the many cargo ships Lexus/Toyota uses for shipments from JAPAN to the US west coast (typically Long Beach, CA or Oregon)

Last edited:
There is a cargo vehicle carrier from Japan docking in the Portland, Oregon port tomorrow 2/11/24. What vehicle(s) are on it? That's the million $ question.

The New Century 1 and 2 are two of the many cargo ships Lexus/Toyota uses for shipments from JAPAN to the US west coast (typically Long Beach, CA or Oregon)
Great detective work, here.

Thank you, sir. My wife thinks I should be a PI 😂
My wife said to me last night, "Haven't you read and seen everything on this new SUV already?" Clearly, I had not., having made no effort to monitor the movements of the specific transport ships! She's shaking her head, now, as I report your new info.

My wife said to me last night, "Haven't you read and seen everything on this new SUV already?" Clearly, I had not., having made no effort to monitor the movements of the specific transport ships! She's shaking her head, now, as I report your new info.
This made me spit out my coffee ☕ 😂😂

I hadn't seen this reported elsewhere. Did your local dealer mention this?
I checked a volume dealership, who publishes their incoming allocations each month on facebook for people to call dibs on, and there's no LC on that list unfortunately. They got some cool stuff incoming though such as GT86 Trueno Edition and 1 of 1500 Limited Edition Tundras slated for March

Looks like they’re on the move in Japan, you can bet they’ll be on trucks here soon!

Attachments

• IMG_6726.jpeg
    IMG_6726.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,703
  • IMG_6725.jpeg
    IMG_6725.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 1,753
I wouldn't make the assumption that Canadian offers will exactly match US colors offered.
I'm aware that some Canadian colors don't even match the names of colors offered in the US, but I did watch a video from the Chicago auto show that suggested the first editions are Traildust and Heritage Blue. Maybe the Toyota rep thought she was speaking to an exclusively-American audience.

I'm aware that some Canadian colors don't even match the names of colors offered in the US, but I did watch a video from the Chicago auto show that suggested the first editions are Traildust and Heritage Blue. Maybe the Toyota rep thought she was speaking to an exclusively-American audience.
Maybe some people have better information than a rep at an auto show. ;)

Looks like they’re on the move in Japan, you can bet they’ll be on trucks here soon!
Looks like First Edition roof racks are already on the vehicle in Japan. Such great news because 4Runners are shipped with naked roof from Japan, and TRD Pro roof racks are retrofitted in North America. This will definitely speed things up because no more work to do in port.

Looks like First Edition roof racks are already on the vehicle in Japan. Such great news because 4Runners are shipped with naked roof from Japan, and TRD Pro roof racks are retrofitted in North America. This will definitely speed things up because no more work to do in port.
Also lots of FEs in colors other than Heritage and Trail Dust - which I know was a concern for some on here.

Also re the attached for the lists at one of the dealers here as they’re maintaining a color/trim specific reservation list.

Per the color codes, hoping for a FE or LC trim in 04V8 | 40 (Meteor Shower w/Java) - we’ll see though as I’m not sure how the dealer I’m at the top with is managing reservations…

Attachments

• IMG_4970.jpeg
    IMG_4970.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 404
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_4971.jpeg
    IMG_4971.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 369

That's awesome! Looks like a mixture of all different models, not just first editions.

That's awesome! Looks like a mixture of all different models, not just first editions.
Gotta remember that those trucks might not be 100% NA market vehicles. I'm more familiar with the powertrain logistics side, which ship in modules instead of being able to drive themselves but the vehicle plants likely use the same philosophy. Ex: Truck A could be headed to Middle East, B to NA, C to Europe, D to NA, E to NA, F to Middle East, etc. The factories try to level load their building of vehicles and components to minimize the impact of variability in assembly. It's called Heijunka. Heijunka — A Resource Guide | Lean Enterprise Institute

Back