Who is paying over MSRP?

Found a meteor shower first edition in Nederland, TX. Paying about 1500 over MSRP but making it up on some other stuff. About to drive it off the lot.
Congrats! I saw in your other post that the dealer dropped from 10k over msrp to $1500 over. Good job with that! I’m continuing to see trend that dealers aren’t able to sell at high makeups.

If they are even willing to sell to you. 2 hrs from me in the same state (TN) and they told me to pound sand, I am not in their market. They kindly referred me to the Toyota dealer in my town that has them at $20k over MSRP.
Good point. I am dealing with the one closest to me. But the next closest ignores me and is charging $10k over MSRP

The TASS which I service my Highlander with, during my last visit, the used car manager asked me if I am interested in selling my Highlander. I replied that it will be sold only to replace it with an LC knowing that this dealer is known for marking up and I won't be paying markup. I got a call from the same manager twice asking me that he has a Landcruiser FE with just over 13k Markup which I rejected.I guess it was a black or Meter Shover

Another dealer which I enquired about, they too mentioned that they have a LC Meteor Shower coming and was asking for 5k Markup.

A third dealer, this when I was trying to get into a queue during last October with a deposit. They mentioned that I will get priority if I am selling my old card while buying the LC. They agreed for no-markup. Some internet reviews say that they quote extremely low prices for the used car thereby keeping “no-markup”.

My choice is for LC trim with dual tone with Trail dust or Heritage Blue. Since this will be my last enthusiastic gas car, I am planning to wait for the exact trim and color I want, else I am not buying. After that I am planning to go for an EV.

I am still waiting and in no hurry since my Highlander has run only 60k miles.
Four different dealers I have contacted keep calling me back but they are all charging anywhere from $5-$10k over MSRP. I wonder if they can't sell them or are just testing my resolve

Four different dealers I have contacted keep calling me back but they are all charging anywhere from $5-$10k over MSRP. I wonder if they can't sell them or are just testing my resolve
There desperate, I've been starting to see some First Editions sit on dealers lots since there asking 10k-15k over MSRP. Think they're realizing the Mid-tier trim coming in along with more supply in general is making that an extremely hard ask. This isn't pandemic days anymore. And not everyone has 65-75k to blow. I won't be surprised that by September-October we'll start to see some small discounts below MSRP in certain regions.

A little shopping today - a California dealer reached out to say they have a 1958 in stock and are asking for $10k over MSRP! Then a dealer in Colorado offered a LC Trim at MSRP. It is Wind Chill Pearl - not my favorite... Northern California is trash for LC shopping right now, but MSRP is out there within a 2-day drive! I have a deposit at MSRP out of state for a 1958 that I will likely stick with, although it has a couple options I don't need - the $485 charge on it for Toyota Connected really bugs me!

Bumping,

I have multiple trims coming into Nashville, TN at MSRP. Est. delivery July/August, no QC holds
Premium, 1958, and FE.

Call or text Sam K. 630-935-9565
I work for a Toyota Dealer

Back