Seattle Auto Show November 17th

Wanderlost

📛 Founding Member
Aug 28, 2023
Seattle, Washington USA, Earth
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler TJ
I’ll be going to the Seattle auto show on Friday. I’m not sure I’ll see a Land Cruiser, but I’m planning to take my tape measure and camera to collect some data for my build.

Has anyone seen the Land Cruiser at a recent auto show? I’m planning to get some pics of the engine compartment and undercarriage; are there any specific requests?

If you can sneak a picture of the inside of the driver's door sill, I would love to see what the payload rating is.

I’ll be going to the Seattle auto show on Friday. I’m not sure I’ll see a Land Cruiser, but I’m planning to take my tape measure and camera to collect some data for my build.

Has anyone seen the Land Cruiser at a recent auto show? I’m planning to get some pics of the engine compartment and undercarriage; are there any specific requests?

hmmm not to yuck yum, but I'm not seeing LC in the lineup :cry:

Already said; payload would be a great number to grab. In a different thread, I know you mentioned twin-tube shocks in the front, would be nice to see if it's the same config for the rear shocks. I'm assuming they're going to be fairly tight-lipped about any not-yet-revealed info yet but If there's a Toyota rep there, could ask about aux switch provisions. I'd think Seattle should earn some kind of good turnout for technical reps - especially regarding off-road vehicles and hopefully there may be opportunity to dig a bit beyond the generic information with them.

There are no Land Cruisers at the Seattle International Auto Show. I understand the Los Angels Auto Show has an LC250 on display but the Toyota rep speculated it was locked similar to the 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro on display in Seattle. Maybe someone who attends the LA show can provide a report?

I couldn’t find anything I didn’t like about the 2024 Tacoma, and Toyota’s new interior design philosophy will be welcomed an all LC250 trim levels. I'm even more excited about the LC250 sizing/dimensions after seeing the Tacoma. It was great to survey the latest vehicles and get an idea of where the industry is heading; I saw things I liked and didn’t like. My big surprise from the show was how much I liked the Subaru Outback Wilderness; however I did give the Subaru rep a full explanation of why I can’t accept a “maintenance free” CVT.

1700262901435.png

This pricing list has allegedly been leaked and is circulating on the Lexus GX forums. What do you think we can infer from the pricing structure? This looks like a rather modest premium to the GX 460's current pricing structure.

There are no Land Cruisers at the Seattle International Auto Show. I understand the Los Angels Auto Show has an LC250 on display but the Toyota rep speculated it was locked similar to the 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro on display in Seattle. Maybe someone who attends the LA show can provide a report?

I couldn’t find anything I didn’t like about the 2024 Tacoma, and Toyota’s new interior design philosophy will be welcomed an all LC250 trim levels. I'm even more excited about the LC250 sizing/dimensions after seeing the Tacoma. It was great to survey the latest vehicles and get an idea of where the industry is heading; I saw things I liked and didn’t like. My big surprise from the show was how much I liked the Subaru Outback Wilderness; however I did give the Subaru rep a full explanation of why I can’t accept a “maintenance free” CVT.
I'm going to try to get to the LA show this week.

I'm going to try to get to the LA show this week.
I just got back from the Los Angeles Auto Show. They did not have the Land Cruiser on display. I was told they only have 3 cars in the US and they are currently being used by their marketing department for a photo shoot. The helpful Toyota marketing rep believes the vehicles will be available in early spring. March/April is the guidance she's been given.

There was a beautiful Land Cruiser 70 series truck with an amazing overlanding setup in the bed. It was very elegant and super efficient build. If you're going it's in the outdoor section of the show by the Toyota sports activities.

Lexus had the GX 550 Luxury+ and Overtrail+ trims on display. To my eye, the Luxury+ was really a hit. Toyota Camry and Sequoia also had quite a big group crawling all over them. It was hard to get time in a seat.

The Sequoia would be high on my list if it wasn't for the inefficient cargo area. I really dislike the shelf system more after seeing it in person. I don't know what Toyota was thinking. The marginal efficiency gains don't justify all the hassle with the shelf system and the sliding rear seats.

The Lexus TX is a really great vehicle. I had to pull my wife away from it lest she spoil my LC/GX dreams. :)

Of note: Jeep had originally planned to do an offroad obstacle course at the show, but when Stellantis pulled out, Ford's marketing people took it on. They had their Bronco's running the track. The experience really made me wish Toyota had taken advantage of the opportunity to showcase the Land Cruiser or the Lexus. Ford really went all out with their Bronco lineup. It was really quite the show for them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. Jeep was missing from the Seattle show as well; Mazda and Mercedes were also missing. I remember going to the Seattle show in the old Kingdome 20 years ago and seeing new product from every car manufacturer, however the latest Seattle show was small by comparison. There were two sad looking 4Runners at the Seattle show however; perfecting a sub-optimal design is getting long in the tooth here.

I agree on the new Sequoia and the sales numbers reflect a gap at Toyota in understanding their customers. Mike Sweers from Toyota reported they were going to kill the model, but somehow he managed to get all the stakeholders to agree on the current configuration.

This is sad news that no LC 250 is available at the LA Auto Show. I was planning to go there, just to see 250.
Now, I am not going, though I have been attending LA show for 2+ decades. LA is the place where they were supposed to show it to the world. This auto market is biggest in the world. Just to have an idea about # of cars, my 40 mile, one way commute to work takes 2+ hours through 5 congested freeways.

This is sad news that no LC 250 is available at the LA Auto Show. I was planning to go there, just to see 250.
Now, I am not going, though I have been attending LA show for 2+ decades. LA is the place where they were supposed to show it to the world. This auto market is biggest in the world. Just to have an idea about # of cars, my 40 mile, one way commute to work takes 2+ hours through 5 congested freeways.
I understand. I felt the same way. I good-naturedly gave it to the Toyota rep on all our behalf.

Back