OME MT64 Lift

I was debating on a new thread but will chime in here. I just had the MT64s installed on my 2024. Absolutely love the look and overall happy with it. One thing, if anyone has experienced this, the installer said it has a bit of torque/bump steer pulling the right under heavy acceleration. This is absolutely the case when I am driving it. I will be heading back there in 500 miles or so to get the system re-torqued and find a potential fix. (Told him I wanted to drive it around a bit). He is trying to get a hold of ARB to find a fix but figured I would check here if there are any know issues?

Drives Fine but does have a almost FWDish tug to the right/passenger side when accelerating. These are mid weight as I will be adding Dissent front end, under body protection and a roof rack... and maybe a rear bumper to get rid of the tow hideaway diaper.

Sitting on toyo Open Country 285/75/17s 40mm offset
LC.webp
 
I was debating on a new thread but will chime in here. I just had the MT64s installed on my 2024. Absolutely love the look and overall happy with it. One thing, if anyone has experienced this, the installer said it has a bit of torque/bump steer pulling the right under heavy acceleration. This is absolutely the case when I am driving it. I will be heading back there in 500 miles or so to get the system re-torqued and find a potential fix. (Told him I wanted to drive it around a bit). He is trying to get a hold of ARB to find a fix but figured I would check here if there are any know issues?

Drives Fine but does have a almost FWDish tug to the right/passenger side when accelerating. These are mid weight as I will be adding Dissent front end, under body protection and a roof rack... and maybe a rear bumper to get rid of the tow hideaway diaper.

Sitting on toyo Open Country 285/75/17s 40mm offset
Did they do an alignment after? The pull under acceleration would make me worry that something in the front end wasn't tightened after the install....and the acceleration is allowing it to flex. I wouldn't think the rear Pan Hard Bar would cause a pull under acceleration, only a rear end wiggle under compression.

Some questions for the installer:
  1. Aligned?
  2. Torqued while under static load?
  3. Confirm that everything they installed was torqued to spec?
Here is the summary of the OME 64 Install with UCA's to help problem solve...


1. Free speed sensor mounts “on UCP-2 and Frame-1”
2. Remove Upper Ball Joint “loosen nut then break free”
3. Loosen UCA Bolts
4. Remove charge hose on Driver Side
5. Remove UCA
6. Disconnect Sway Bars
7. Remove lower strut bolt
8. Remove upper strut bolts
9. Remove strut
10. Grease new UCA Bushings
11. Install new strut top
12. Install new strut bottom
13. Install UCA don’t torque “Torque under load ONLY”
14. Connect Upper Ball Joint
15. Connect Sway Bars
16. Torque all values under load

Front:
UCA to body: 145 FT.LBF
Front upper suspension arm assembly x Steering knuckle: 92 FT.LBF
Front speed sensor x Steering knuckle: 8.5 FT.LBF
Front speed sensor x Vehicle body: 12.5 FT.LBF
Front shock absorber with coil spring x Vehicle body (Upper side): 33 FT.LBF w/o union nut wrench
Front shock absorber with coil spring lock nut: 48 FT.LBF
Front shock absorber with coil spring x Vehicle body (Lower side/LCA): 195 FT.LBF

Sway bar links:
Front lower No. 1 suspension arm sub-assembly x Front stabilizer link assembly: 110 FT.LBF
Front stabilizer bar x Front stabilizer link assembly: 159 FT.LBF

Rear:
Rear shock absorber assembly x Rear axle housing assembly: 77 FT:LBF
Rear shock absorber assembly LH x Vehicle body: 39 Ft.LBF w/o SST
 
Thanks for info and Yup, was aligned (this is an ARB recommended installer too). I will send the info above to them as well. He has done several suspension installs on our company trucks and never had an issue
 
Yeah my installer told me about this is to be expected after I installed my MT64 + UCA as well. And it definitely does pull to the right under any sort of acceleration. Not just from dead stop. I'd say it's one of the few things that's kinda annoying. I wonder if this is simply expected when you do any sort of lifted suspension?
 
Could be rear panhard bar as weight shifts rear under acceleration. Harder acceleration would make it worse. Could put weight in back to see if it worsens.
 
Mine pulls as well, figured it's just what happens after a lift
Mine was after the MT64 install, too. I've installed Dr KDSS B.O.T.C.K. (correction kit). There are 2 heights - i got the shorter one.
 
Could be rear panhard bar as weight shifts rear under acceleration. Harder acceleration would make it worse. Could put weight in back to see if it worsens.
Could be why mine doesn't pull, i have the standard size correction kit.
 
Could be why mine doesn't pull, i have the standard size correction kit.
On old lifted grandcherokee i installed an adjustable one and had the alignment shop adjust it for me.

Geometry in rear needs to be correct before working on the front obviously.

Not sure how they align a landcruiser, but if they use the rear as the reference (assuming not adjustable) then the front would be adjusted to match the rear. Maybe this causing some issues?

We need an alignment expert to speak up here. I am not.
 
Measure to the inside or outside of your tire tread on top of the tire from the frame in the rear on each side. Then load the back with allot of weight, drive backwards and forwards and measure again. If the axle is shifting sideways during loading, you need the adjustable panhard or a panhard correction bracket to prevent the dog walk (rear axle kicking out sideways) which will cause the feeling you have now.

This is not normal with a proper lift setup and the same condition results in a wobbling bump steer feeling when going over an uneven obstacle on the rear axle from anything about 20 MPH and faster. It may also require steering input under hard braking as the rear unloads as well.
 
I just recently completed my lift which is an Old Man Emu MT64 setup with UCA's from ARB which just hit the market. There are plenty of lifts out there, some good and others not so much and I chose this kit as ARB if known for anything is quality product. OME is not directly ARB but their suspension product of choice.

The MT64 is the non rest setup and I went with the 0# Front and 0# Rear springs. I originally installed the front at the lowest setting, +1.75" to see what that was like as I appreciate the factory back to front rake, but then reinstalled at the full +3" in the front which was definitely level. So level in fact that the natural difference in fender gap front to back would make it look nose high on the slightest of uneven surfaces. I then went in again and ended up at +2.5" which I think is perfect if you appreciate that downward front rake.

I'm running Toyota Trailhunter wheels which are a +20mm offset and 285/70R18 Toyo AT3's which are one of the "lighter" 285's out there.

These pics aren't the best and clearly the ground isn't level, I'll upload more later.
Nice setup!
I’m in Darrington so you are near me. I have a 2025 LC.
 
Bad1975 that is 100% the issue. Thanks all I will get with the installer to check this out and the correction kit
Much Appreciate the support all.
 
Bad1975 that is 100% the issue. Thanks all I will get with the installer to check this out and the correction kit
Much Appreciate the support all.
As mentioned ICON, Whiteline, Dr. KDSS, Dobinsons, IRONMAN, and others all sell adjustable track bar/Panhard rods and end links to correct suspension geometry for handling after a lift install. Surprised your installer did not consider these.
 
Last edited:
confirming the Dr KDSS fixed the bouncing, running great.. all be it 15.5mpg.. now.
 
confirming the Dr KDSS fixed the bouncing, running great.. all be it 15.5mpg.. now.
Can you give more details on the improvement you've experienced so far? Less boat-like feeling? Less pull to the right upon acceleration?

and are you saying installing the KDSS kit also lowered your mpg? Were you able to install the KDSS kit yourself?

Can you also link the products you installed?
 
Last edited:
To clarify the 15.5 mpg was due to the lift and tires
The DR Kdss (1 bolt/light) kit AND installed a front diff drop. No more torque steer and no more back end jolting. Stays smooth when you hit bumps on the road instead of dancing around.
Took it from Houston to South Padre and Drives much more solid. At least Outside of doing 90 and loosing the fight with the wind, all good. (on a Texas 85mph road)
 
To clarify the 15.5 mpg was due to the lift and tires
The DR Kdss (1 bolt/light) kit AND installed a front diff drop. No more torque steer and no more back end jolting. Stays smooth when you hit bumps on the road instead of dancing around.
Took it from Houston to South Padre and Drives much more solid. At least Outside of doing 90 and loosing the fight with the wind, all good. (on a Texas 85mph road)
Excuse my ignorance on this topic. So besides the KDSS kit, you also installed a front diff drop? From which brand? Sounds like there are 2 separate things going on here. Thanks in advance!
 
sorry was out of town form some time. Yes It was Dr KDSS and A front diff drop from ICON. I also had them drop the front suspension a bit to emulated the stock Rake (down dip)
 
Can confirm. Dr. KDSS's BOTCK corrected a lot of the issues. The steering no longer pulls to the right significantly upon acceleration. The rear of the LC250 no longer "floats" around or bounce like a boat when hit a bump or woops on the roads. Took me about an hour to prep and install myself with the necessary tools. Highly recommend!
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Canvasback
Back
Top Bottom