Oil changes

gregs

New member
Joined
Sep 25, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
canada
Vehicles
2025 land cruiser
Just purchased a 2025 LC250, it has 10,000KM, apparently the oil hasn’t been changed. How frequently do you change the oil?
 
I change it before and after every outing.

Welcome to the forum. The search bar is your friend!
 
Congrats on the Land Cruiser and welcome to the forum (y)

Yes, lots of threads on the forum. The Toyota recommended oil change interval is too long for my liking, so I do the oil change about twice as often. I did a few break-in oil changes early, so I believe it had three before Toyota even did their first.
 
Congrats, with synthetic lubs, Toyota suggest 10k miles between. As mentioned there are a few threads on this forum.. Use the search feature and have a look...
 
I try to do 5k miles, but if I forget, no biggy, Toyota states 10k will do. I did 1st one at 1k.
 
Just purchased a 2025 LC250, it has 10,000KM, apparently the oil hasn’t been changed. How frequently do you change the oil?
Welcome to the asylum.

The search bar is your friend. You will find lots of opinions.

Many believe 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 and every 5,000 there after is the way to go.

The Car Care Nut and the Motor Oil Geek thinks every 3,000 to 4,000 miles might be a better choice for the T24A engines.

The Toyota branded oil (made by Exxon Mobile for Toyota, has a higher Molybdenum content and is thought to be more gooder than other brands.
 
I am at just under 9000 miles and have changed oil 3 times, this last one being upgrade to better viscosity.(1300,4400,7700) From here on I will let the test results guide me. Majority of miles are highway. I am not concerned about 5K with 5W-30 because it won't be near the end of its useful life at that point....I will leave that alone....hehe
If not yet serviced, do it ASAP.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
M&R Automotive
Back
Top Bottom