Official Delivery/Possession Update Thread

I didn’t realize that about MPG, good to know
A dealer told me that if it’s in allocation phase they can attempt to make changes but if it’s built phase they can’t and they can’t change it at port - once it’s built it’s an “order” no changing the spec

My salesman said about the samething..... in my case it didn't workout for me.... I requested Meteor Shower.

My salesman said about the samething..... in my case it didn't workout for me.... I requested Meteor Shower.
It hasn’t worked out for me, I thought maybe until I was told yesterday 5K markup and I’m not doing that. I’m number 7 in line and there hasn’t been a single allocation yet — or so they say

It hasn’t worked out for me, I thought maybe until I was told yesterday 5K markup and I’m not doing that. I’m number 7 in line and there hasn’t been a single allocation yet — or so they say
I got blasted with the additional dealer markup after I placed a deposit, wasn't to happy about it, but decided to go ahead with the purchase. I plan on getting my daughter a Grand Highlander but it won't be from this dealer for sure. If they had been up front about the markup, I'd probably deal with them again.......... kind of like a snake, bite me once and I won't have anything to do with that snake again.

I got blasted with the additional dealer markup after I placed a deposit, wasn't to happy about it, but decided to go ahead with the purchase. I plan on getting my daughter a Grand Highlander but it won't be from this dealer for sure. If they had been up front about the markup, I'd probably deal with them again.......... kind of like a snake, bite me once and I won't have anything to do with that snake again.
I was 2k over I was considering- but I realized they broke it down like a lease with money down and such- when you click on cash or financing it goes up 5K so yeah .. sneaky
I guess I’ll keep waiting

I wish there was an buyers option to place the PIO's (if practical) inside the vehicle, deliver it to the dealer and let the new buyer assume the responsibility of the installation of the PIOs ...... dealer installed (additional cost involved) or DIY. I'm very capable of installing a roof rack, mats and lug nuts and wouldn't have to wait the additional weeks for delivery.
Floor mats and things like that are usually just tossed in the back of the vehicle. Lugnuts, rack, etc. are all installed very quickly. The issue is often inventory levels of the accessories. My 4Runner Pro was at the port for like 3 weeks because they have to have all the parts available to move it from awaiting processing to in process. The Pro conversion (wheels, roof rack, suspension, etc) doesn't actually take that long, but if they are waiting on one thing, like the wheels*, the vehicle just sits there waiting until all the items are available. My wife's Lexus UX is at port right now and any number of her accessories not being available will let it sit.

The wheels for the Pro model were changed mid model year due to lack of availability of the new style Pro wheels. They went back to the previous design a few weeks after mine was built. I'd say mine sat so long because the wheels were in short supply.

Floor mats and things like that are usually just tossed in the back of the vehicle. Lugnuts, rack, etc. are all installed very quickly. The issue is often inventory levels of the accessories. My 4Runner Pro was at the port for like 3 weeks because they have to have all the parts available to move it from awaiting processing to in process. The Pro conversion (wheels, roof rack, suspension, etc) doesn't actually take that long, but if they are waiting on one thing, like the wheels*, the vehicle just sits there waiting until all the items are available. My wife's Lexus UX is at port right now and any number of her accessories not being available will let it sit.

The wheels for the Pro model were changed mid model year due to lack of availability of the new style Pro wheels. They went back to the previous design a few weeks after mine was built. I'd say mine sat so long because the wheels were in short supply.
I understand that....... but if they would ship to the dealer without pro wheels/tires and put them on later after delivery...... I would be a more happy camper.

My understanding is they will ship without small things... but not going to give you a free extra set of wheels. My 4Runner mats and wheel locks came several months later.. but ther other items are pretty key to transport and initial delivery.

I wish there was an buyers option to place the PIO's (if practical) inside the vehicle, deliver it to the dealer and let the new buyer assume the responsibility of the installation of the PIOs ...... dealer installed (additional cost involved) or DIY. I'm very capable of installing a roof rack, mats and lug nuts and wouldn't have to wait the additional weeks for delivery. Or a buyers option to take delivery without the PIOs installed, due to a shortage, and have the PIOs delivered to the dealer for future installation/buyers DIY.

It befuddles me that, assuming the parts shortage is true, Toyota knew well in advance that they were building 5000 FEs and why 5000 mat sets, roof racks and lug nut sets were not waiting and ready to go.
It is all part of Toyota's JIT (Just In Time) inventory policy... Good way to avoid EOF (Egg On Face).

If it's true......... it might be for sale! The main reason I chose the LC was for the fuel milage.
Look at his other two cars in the pic. A Raptor and a Corvette. This guy likes to drive fast guaranteed. Normal driving will be much better.

I didn’t realize that about MPG, good to know
A dealer told me that if it’s in allocation phase they can attempt to make changes but if it’s built phase they can’t and they can’t change it at port - once it’s built it’s an “order” no changing the spec
They are lying to you.

Look at his other two cars in the pic. A Raptor and a Corvette. This guy likes to drive fast guaranteed. Normal driving will be much better.
LOL. Been pretty easy with LC, I'm gonna reset that MPG and start fresh, ODO now at 166 miles.

Mine just showed up!

Attachments

• IMG_8775.jpeg
    IMG_8775.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 116
  • imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 115
It is all part of Toyota's JIT (Just In Time) inventory policy... Good way to avoid EOF (Egg On Face).
I would call it NIT (Not in Time) inventory management. When it take longer to get from port to dealer than it takes to build it and ship it from Japan something is wrong.

Here in the UK it's worse the dealers know nothing Toyota UK know nothing never mind a delivery date cannot even order!!!!! I do not believe a huge organisation like Toyota knows nothing

Back