Hello all,
Just joined this forum since I signed the papers yesterday on a 2027 1958. This will be my daily driver so no major build plans however I plan on outfitting it as a fly fishing and solo camping rig.
Not at all new to Toyotas, had a 2011 Tacoma TRD OR, as well as a 2017 in the same trim. My wife currently has a 2019 RAV4 Adventure and we even had a 1978 FJ40 for a while.
Looked at a lot of vehicles and found I really like this one the best out of everything.
I wanted as simple and basic as I could get and prefer the cloth and manual hatch, and seat adjustments. I did however want some accessories to protect the vehicle as I will be using this to offroad to a degree and would like to keep it nice.
Optioned as follows:
1958 Edition in Ice Cap White
Rear Bumper guard
Raised air intake (really wanted this)
Liftgate light
PPF on the hood and fenders
Roof rack
All weather liners all around
Blacked out iForce badge
Door edge guards
Illuminated door sills
Front skid plate.
Just about exactly as I wanted one with maybe a few extras I hadn’t thought about.
Plans for it are different tires, taller, maybe a tiny bit wider but 3 Peak snowflake rated and all terrain. I’d like to at least fit 33’s under there if I can.
Rear drawers with a sleeping platform. Air Up Gear Down low profile seems IDEAL but wow…. They’re proud of it, I’m not in a rush so maybe I’ll see what happens around Black Friday. Or perhaps I’ll just build one.
Probably going to have an internal rack for fly rods as I’d like to keep the exterior pretty stealth and low profile.
I’m definitely interested in being able to run climate control at night (if it’s really hot) to sleep a little more comfortably and I believe this will work like the Prius or Sienna because of the Hybrid system.
Window covers and perhaps window vents and that’s about it. I’m sure being on this forum will give me other ideas I haven’t thought of yet.
Oh, and I already ordered an OffRoam Qi charging phone mount. Have them in a few other vehicles and they work well.
Thanks in advance for all your help and for letting me join.
-SAA
Just joined this forum since I signed the papers yesterday on a 2027 1958. This will be my daily driver so no major build plans however I plan on outfitting it as a fly fishing and solo camping rig.
Not at all new to Toyotas, had a 2011 Tacoma TRD OR, as well as a 2017 in the same trim. My wife currently has a 2019 RAV4 Adventure and we even had a 1978 FJ40 for a while.
Looked at a lot of vehicles and found I really like this one the best out of everything.
I wanted as simple and basic as I could get and prefer the cloth and manual hatch, and seat adjustments. I did however want some accessories to protect the vehicle as I will be using this to offroad to a degree and would like to keep it nice.
Optioned as follows:
1958 Edition in Ice Cap White
Rear Bumper guard
Raised air intake (really wanted this)
Liftgate light
PPF on the hood and fenders
Roof rack
All weather liners all around
Blacked out iForce badge
Door edge guards
Illuminated door sills
Front skid plate.
Just about exactly as I wanted one with maybe a few extras I hadn’t thought about.
Plans for it are different tires, taller, maybe a tiny bit wider but 3 Peak snowflake rated and all terrain. I’d like to at least fit 33’s under there if I can.
Rear drawers with a sleeping platform. Air Up Gear Down low profile seems IDEAL but wow…. They’re proud of it, I’m not in a rush so maybe I’ll see what happens around Black Friday. Or perhaps I’ll just build one.
Probably going to have an internal rack for fly rods as I’d like to keep the exterior pretty stealth and low profile.
I’m definitely interested in being able to run climate control at night (if it’s really hot) to sleep a little more comfortably and I believe this will work like the Prius or Sienna because of the Hybrid system.
Window covers and perhaps window vents and that’s about it. I’m sure being on this forum will give me other ideas I haven’t thought of yet.
Oh, and I already ordered an OffRoam Qi charging phone mount. Have them in a few other vehicles and they work well.
Thanks in advance for all your help and for letting me join.
-SAA







