Lurching during braking?

sideshow06

New member
Joined
Sep 8, 2026
Messages
15
Media
10
Reaction score
14
Location
Bay Area, CA
Vehicles
2027 Land Cruiser
I've never really noticed this in other cars, but after just a few weeks with the LC I've noticed that if I am braking gently towards a stop, the LC will sometimes lurch or lunge forward as it downshifts. I've driven other hybrids, so I don't see it as being a regenerative braking issue so much as maybe downshifting a little early? It's not a huge issue, but it makes coming to stop at a stop sign or stop light a bit of a jarring experience.

Anyone else experience this? Again, not a huge issue or a major safety thing. Just not as refined in this one specific instance compared to any other Toyota I've driven (and I've driven mostly Toyotas).
 
It’s a known thing with these vehicles. We can hope for a transmission control unit update at some point.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom