Installation of USB Type C Charger connection

Sergi

New member
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
12
Media
12
Reaction score
12
Location
Andorra
Vehicles
LC 250 48v
Good morning, everyone,

I’m thinking about buying a Type-C charger for my Toyota to install in the center console and also in the rear seat console behind the cooler, and I’m not sure where to connect the red and black wires.

Could someone help me connect the red wire (ACC) and the black wire (GND)?

I see that it comes with a cable that has a fuse...

Thank you very much in advance!

1790838678176.webp
1790838760500.webp
1790838992202.webp
1790839733809.webp
 
Last edited:
If you have a volt meter. You could tap into any 12volt source, dependent on whether or not you need it on all the time. In which case you may want to run a line back to the battery. Not recommended. Or to live wires while running,,,
The black ground leg could be connected to nearly any metal frame element, or to another ground wire.
Use the search feature to look for wire schematic details on your specific locations based on your items wire tail lengths and how you plan to splice in for contact points.
 
If you have a volt meter. You could tap into any 12volt source, dependent on whether or not you need it on all the time. In which case you may want to run a line back to the battery. Not recommended. Or to live wires while running,,,
The black ground leg could be connected to nearly any metal frame element, or to another ground wire.
Use the search feature to look for wire schematic details on your specific locations based on your items wire tail lengths and how you plan to splice in for contact points.
I'd like to connect it only to ACC and not to 12V to prevent the battery from draining completely when the vehicle is turned off.
My question is whether anyone knows if there’s a wire I can tap into or connect to at those two locations where I want to install two of those Type-C chargers, so I don’t have to go all the way to the fuse box—and if I do have to go to the fuse box, does anyone know which fuse I could install the fuse tap on?
 
Thanks, DubDub, for linking my previous thread. I have been spending quite a bit of time looking into the different power sources and connectors behind the LC250 center console, and for this particular installation I think there is an even cleaner solution.


For a USB charger like this, I would use the factory 12V power outlet circuit.


I have this exact Toyota 2-pin power-outlet T-harness and have already confirmed that it fits the LC250 factory connector perfectly. It simply installs inline between the vehicle harness and the original 12V outlet, while giving you an additional 12V and ground branch for the new USB charger.


Factory harness → T-harness → factory 12V outlet
T-harness branch → USB charger


No cutting, no splicing, and no tapping the OEM wiring.


The reason I prefer this approach is that the power-outlet circuit is already intended to supply accessory loads. With a 30W USB-C charger, the 12V-side current can be several amps under full load, so I would rather use the circuit designed for that purpose than simply grab switched power from one of the other available connectors behind the console.


I would still verify the actual input specification of your USB module before choosing the fuse for the new branch, especially if the USB-A and USB-C ports can both deliver high output simultaneously.


I have one of these exact harnesses here and confirmed the fitment on my LC250. Mine came from Japan, although there are generic Toyota versions available as well.


If you post the exact charger link or a photo of the specifications on the back, I can calculate the expected current draw and recommend the proper fuse size.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2988.webp
    IMG_2988.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
thanks all! it's a pleasure be part of this family! i will try to find this harness, it's very difficult there in EU...
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Air Down Gear
Back
Top Bottom