I wanted to share another project I’ve been working on for my 1958.
While looking through Japanese LC250 accessories, I came across CEP (Com Enterprise) and their Illumistar full-color footwell lighting system. CEP actually offers an LC250-specific kit, something I haven’t seen discussed much here in the U.S.
CEP LC250 Illumistar:
ランクル250専用 フルカラーLEDフットランプキット【イルミスター】
Illumistar is more than a basic RGB kit. It uses vehicle signals to provide different colors and brightness levels depending on conditions such as door-open, parking/headlights-on, and parking brake.
One thing I really like is that CEP provides LC250-specific installation documentation, including the different connection points throughout the vehicle. Their standard installation uses taps into the factory wiring at those locations.
I wanted to do it differently: same functionality, but without cutting or tapping the Toyota harness.
That’s where the custom T-harnesses I’ve been building came in.
For some of the required signals, I’m using a custom breakout harness based on an OEM connection I previously discovered behind the center console. I posted about that discovery here:
Interesting OEM Discovery Behind the Center Console (2025 LC 1958)
https://www.landcruiserforum.com/th...overy-behind-the-center-console-2025-lc-1958/
For the door signals, I built T-harnesses for the factory scuff/door-sill connectors on both sides. This gives me the individual driver and passenger door signals without modifying the OEM wiring.
I also replaced CEP’s small programming button with an OEM-style momentary dash switch. Even the illumination for that switch is connected using another T-harness.
So far, everything is working really well.
With a door open, I can have bright footwell courtesy lighting. With the doors closed and the parking/headlights on, the same LEDs can run at a much lower ambient-light level. Color and brightness can be programmed independently for the different conditions.
The pictures show some of the colors and brightness levels I’ve been experimenting with.
I still haven’t connected the parking-brake input. I’ll tackle that next, but I want to keep the same approach: no cutting, no T-taps, and completely reversible.
At this point I’m enjoying figuring out the T-harnesses almost as much as the retrofits themselves.
I’ll share more pictures of the harnesses and the finished installation as I get everything cleaned up.
While looking through Japanese LC250 accessories, I came across CEP (Com Enterprise) and their Illumistar full-color footwell lighting system. CEP actually offers an LC250-specific kit, something I haven’t seen discussed much here in the U.S.
CEP LC250 Illumistar:
ランクル250専用 フルカラーLEDフットランプキット【イルミスター】
Illumistar is more than a basic RGB kit. It uses vehicle signals to provide different colors and brightness levels depending on conditions such as door-open, parking/headlights-on, and parking brake.
One thing I really like is that CEP provides LC250-specific installation documentation, including the different connection points throughout the vehicle. Their standard installation uses taps into the factory wiring at those locations.
I wanted to do it differently: same functionality, but without cutting or tapping the Toyota harness.
That’s where the custom T-harnesses I’ve been building came in.
For some of the required signals, I’m using a custom breakout harness based on an OEM connection I previously discovered behind the center console. I posted about that discovery here:
Interesting OEM Discovery Behind the Center Console (2025 LC 1958)
https://www.landcruiserforum.com/th...overy-behind-the-center-console-2025-lc-1958/
For the door signals, I built T-harnesses for the factory scuff/door-sill connectors on both sides. This gives me the individual driver and passenger door signals without modifying the OEM wiring.
I also replaced CEP’s small programming button with an OEM-style momentary dash switch. Even the illumination for that switch is connected using another T-harness.
So far, everything is working really well.
With a door open, I can have bright footwell courtesy lighting. With the doors closed and the parking/headlights on, the same LEDs can run at a much lower ambient-light level. Color and brightness can be programmed independently for the different conditions.
The pictures show some of the colors and brightness levels I’ve been experimenting with.
I still haven’t connected the parking-brake input. I’ll tackle that next, but I want to keep the same approach: no cutting, no T-taps, and completely reversible.
At this point I’m enjoying figuring out the T-harnesses almost as much as the retrofits themselves.
I’ll share more pictures of the harnesses and the finished installation as I get everything cleaned up.
Attachments
Last edited:







