CAN-Bus interface

BAHKATA66

New member
Joined
Apr 2, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Bulgaria,Plovdiv
Vehicles
TLC250
Hello, I'm in Europe and I'm looking for a high-quality CAN-Bus interface that detects when reverse gear is engaged and provides a separate 12 V output for my Toyota 250. Someone recommended the Lazer CANNY Interface to me, but it's a bit expensive for me. Does anyone have any experience with a CAN-Bus interface?
 
Any reason you need to detect this on the can bus? You can easily tell when the vehicle is in reverse from the trailer harness connector.

The can bus itself isn’t going to give you a separate 12 volt output, either.
 
Any reason you need to detect this on the can bus? You can easily tell when the vehicle is in reverse from the trailer harness connector.

The can bus itself isn’t going to give you a separate 12 volt output, either.
Hello,
I don't have a tow bar installed (yet), I don't want to deal with wiring, but I'd like to add a reverse light and a reverse alarm. It needs to be possible to turn off the alarm specifically so I don't disturb my neighbors early in the morning or at night.
 
Hello,
I don't have a tow bar installed (yet), I don't want to deal with wiring, but I'd like to add a reverse light and a reverse alarm. It needs to be possible to turn off the alarm specifically so I don't disturb my neighbors early in the morning or at night.
You have to deal with wiring either way. A can bus setup is going to have to tap into two wires somewhere in the vehicle.

I would be surprised if the 4/7 pin trailer harness is not sitting under the rear of the vehicle, tied off and capped.
 
Hi,
I'm sure the tow hitch cables are ready and stored away for future installation. Here's what I'm thinking: if I connect a load to these cables, an “trailer connected” indicator will appear on the screen, and the operation of the parking sensors and the video camera will change. The additional light and buzzer should be installed via a split driver/relay. This installation will require some wiring work; I’m thinking of drawing 12 volts from the cigarette lighter outlet in the trunk via a fuse and using only a signal from the CAN bus for control.
 
There are several hitch light pod setups on the market which connect to the hitch harness without tricking the vehicle into thinking a trailer is attached.

For example:

Looks like the harness is available separately:


Add a relay to the output and you should be good.
 
Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top Bottom