4runner owners switching to the Land Cruiser

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
I figured a lot of us old 4runner owners would be upgrading to the new Land Cruiser when it comes out. Who's in!?

This new Land Cruiser might have to be my first Toyota. :cool:

I've got my deposit in for the Lexus 550GX-because of the V-6 turbo. I've owned two 4Runners and my last one is the first year 2010 5th Gen Limited. 254,000+ miles and only issue was a replacement alternator besides tires, oil, filters, plugs, etc.... Hopefully the LC will have the V-6 and I can cancell my deposit on the 550.

I've got my deposit in for the Lexus 550GX-because of the V-6 turbo. I've owned two 4Runners and my last one is the first year 2010 5th Gen Limited. 254,000+ miles and only issue was a replacement alternator besides tires, oil, filters, plugs, etc.... Hopefully the LC will have the V-6 and I can cancell my deposit on the 550.
You can't complain about that kind of reliability! I'm also hoping for the GX 550 engine. ๐Ÿคž

• Admin
2014-4runner-photo.jpeg

Here's my 2014 4runner that will be ready for a new home once the new Land Cruiser arrives. :cool:

Did you make any calculation regarding the extra cost of the car and the extra cost of the fuel over 10years (200 000 miles) ?
Let's say the regular maintenance and the spare parts are not a big deal.
Insurance ?

Being older and probably buying our last vehicle, not worried about fuel, insurance. I've learned that the top of the line models tend to hold their value better, especially with Lexus, in case we need to sell it.

I understand. The Landcruisers will hold their value also. For me off-road and luxury are completely different stories.

Being older and probably buying our last vehicle, not worried about fuel, insurance. I've learned that the top of the line models tend to hold their value better, especially with Lexus, in case we need to sell it.
When they get even older, the Land Cruiser name alone seems to add more value. It seems you can pick up an LX450 cheaper than a similarly aged 80 series Land Cruiser.
If I were in the market, I'd buy the LX450 ALL DAY.

I considered purchasing a 4Runner, however the Jeep ultimately won out for its simplicity and durability. My experience with Toyota is slightly off-topic. I had a third generation Toyota Corolla I purchased used in the midwest for a few hundred USD; it had large rust holes in the floorboards. I later purchased a used fifth generation Toyota truck; this truck had been abused/modified, and I had to replace two timing chains over around 50K miles. I ended up selling that truck many years later for what I paid for it, so it served its purpose. I purchased a used 1986 Toyota MR2 which I owned for a short time; I was very impressed with its engineering and performance. I donโ€™t think the LC 250 will be similar to my previous Toyota ownership experiences.

I considered purchasing a 4Runner, however the Jeep ultimately won out for its simplicity and durability. My experience with Toyota is slightly off-topic. I had a third generation Toyota Corolla I purchased used in the midwest for a few hundred USD; it had large rust holes in the floorboards. I later purchased a used fifth generation Toyota truck; this truck had been abused/modified, and I had to replace two timing chains over around 50K miles. I ended up selling that truck many years later for what I paid for it, so it served its purpose. I purchased a used 1986 Toyota MR2 which I owned for a short time; I was very impressed with its engineering and performance. I donโ€™t think the LC 250 will be similar to my previous Toyota ownership experiences.

Okay, I forgot to mention I did drive the entire length of the Alaskan Highway in that fifth generation Toyota truck, so it had some redeeming qualities.

Okay, I forgot to mention I did drive the entire length of the Alaskan Highway in that fifth generation Toyota truck, so it had some redeeming qualities.
I'm still keeping my options open on the 4Runner, but A) I can't wait any longer for the new one, and B) I've always wanted a Land Cruiser, and we haven't had them in Canada for almost 3 decades!

Back