2025 Toyota Land Cruiser to only offer 4 cylinder options

• Admin
toyota-land-cruiser-4cylinder.jpg

It looks like the 2025 Toyota Land Cruiser will only offer 4 cylinder as the engine options. It looks like the twin turbo V6 engine will be saved for the Lexus GX550 only.

From the article: "A leaked document reveals a trio of 4-cylinder powertrain options. The first one code-named “1GD-FTV” is the 2.8-liter turbodiesel from the Hilux and the Fortuner. The “TJA250” is believed to be a turbocharged 2.4-liter petrol from the Tacoma and the Kluger, that could be part of a hybrid powertrain. Finally, the “2TR-FE” is referring to a naturally aspirated 2.7-liter petrol, likely destined for entry-level models. Notably, the twin-turbo 3.4-liter petrol of the 2024 Lexus GX is missing from the list. Although this doesn’t mean it couldn’t be added later on, its omission could serve as an extra point of differentiation between the two."

Source: https://www.carscoops.com/2023/07/2...edly-stick-to-just-4-cylinder-engine-options/

I'm going to have to disagree with this rumor. I think Toyota will save the 4 cylinder motor for the 4runner and keep the twin turbo V6 for the Land Cruiser.

I don't see how they only offer the new Land Cruiser in a 4-cylinder so I'm not buying it until I see something official. I think they take the powertrain straight from the Lexus GX and just add off-road capable features.

Back