FE vs LC

This much I can say. I have never bought a piece of fine art, or a custom guitar because I thought I would make money on them. I only buy art that I love. And, I only buy guitars that I love playing. I do it also, to support the artist who made the painting or built the guitar. It’s the same with my LC FE. I am buying it because it is the trim that got me the most excited. I’m not expecting to make money on it. I’ve owned 30 new cars in my life. Mostly European. The only two I have ever made money on were a Tesla Model 3, and an Equus. Those were flukes and a result of market timing and rarity of vehicle during COVID. Won’t likely happen again. Enjoy the trim level you choose. Should be a fine on and off-roader.

This much I can say. I have never bought a piece of fine art, or a custom guitar because I thought I would make money on them. I only buy art that I love. And, I only buy guitars that I love playing. I do it also, to support the artist who made the painting or built the guitar. It’s the same with my LC FE. I am buying it because it is the trim that got me the most excited. I’m not expecting to make money on it. I’ve owned 30 new cars in my life. Mostly European. The only two I have ever made money on were a Tesla Model 3, and an Equus. Those were flukes and a result of market timing and rarity of vehicle during COVID. Won’t likely happen again. Enjoy the trim level you choose. Should be a fine on and off-roader.
I think this is the better approach than hoping it will become a collectors item.

I think you are in the wrong market if you think you are going to make money on an FE anytime in the near future. Buy one and stick it away and maybe 20 years down the road, you might make some money. But what is the point. It is a car. Drive it and enjoy it. It will never be rare enough to make you much money.

It's my understanding if you get real leather....... it's going to be black.
I believe you can get Java leather with the Premium Pkg.

It's my understanding if you get real leather....... it's going to be black.
Not true. 4 interior options on the LC grade—Black SofTex, Black Leather, Java SofTex, Java Leather. When you add the Premium Package, you get Leather (Black or Java). The First Edition is Black Leather only.

IF FE had java interior option in the US, that would be the clear winner

IF FE had java interior option in the US, that would be the clear winner
I'd like to see the Java interior in person. I'm scared it's a bit too "red brown" vs. true brown. I'm fine with brown but I don't like when brown leather/leatherette is too red/orange brown. My 'Land Cruiser' grade (Meteor Shower) is coming with Black Leather. I told my dealer that I was happy with either Java or Black (but I'm quite glad it's Black...even though I like the idea of not having an all-black interior).

Latest Discussions

Back